June 05-06,2012 — Virtual Training Conference Washington,USA. As the operational tempo begins to shift away from deployment to readiness, and as the competition for program and resource funding heats up, OSD and the Services are looking for innovative and cost-effective ways to train the force for future missions. Virtual training – in which the individual soldier, the team crew, or even a larger group of non-colocated personnel can be inserted into a mission scenario via the latest modeling, simulation, gaming, and communications technologies – promises to revolutionize the way we train tomorrow’s warfighters.
This outstanding conference brings together the government and industry leaders who are at the forefront of developing and deploying this new technology. They will provide an update of OSD and Service training needs, challenges, plans and initiatives
- Status of key “VT” programs; and the emerging technical capabilities – those on the drawing board as well as those already being deployed.
- What applications are emerging in weapons training, air combat, maintenance, expeditionary operations, surface warfare, IED detection, counter-piracy, homeland security, etc.?
- How can VT help drive training costs down? How do you evaluate the potential effectiveness of a VT application?
- What are the latest breakthroughs in virtual platforms, synthetic environments, simulation engines and scene generators?
- What is the state-of-the-science in immersive technologies, augmented reality, and large-scale, networked collaborative simulations? Handheld devices and apps?
- How do we ensure maximum realism in VT systems? How do we stay abreast and take advantage of ongoing advances in commercial gaming technology?