BENTON HARBOR -Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading home appliance manufacturer, today was awarded the 2012 ENERGY STAR® Sustained Excellence award by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award recognizes the company’s leadership in providing consumers with energy- and water-efficient products through its leading home appliance brands. This is the company’s 13th top ENERGY STAR award and seventh consecutive Sustained Excellence win. Whirlpool has been honored with 24 ENERGY STAR awards overall, more than any other appliance manufacturer.
n honoring Whirlpool Corporation, the EPA cited several key accomplishments, including:
- Introducing some of the industry’s most energy-efficient refrigerators available in 2011.
- Providing one of the industry’s most resource-efficient top-load washers using 70 percent less energy and water per load.
- Offering training and continued education for trade customers, designers, key influencers and sales associates at the company’s new World of Whirlpool experience center through hands-on immersion activities and demonstrations that convey the company’s ENERGY STAR qualified innovations and competitive advantages.
“We believe in, and support, the ENERGY STAR program because of the value it offers consumers,” said Warwick Stirling, senior global director, Energy and Sustainability, Whirlpool Corporation. “We have a long-term commitment to delivering resource efficient solutions that improve the everyday lives of our consumers, and we will continue to do our part in upholding the integrity of the ENERGY STAR program.”
Whirlpool Corporation offers some of the most water- and energy-efficient kitchen and laundry products available, with innovative features that fit consumers’ lifestyles, including:
- The Whirlpool brand Cabrio Platinum laundry pair that helps protect fabrics while providing the industry’s largest capacity and fastest cleaning performance in a top-load pair. The CEE Tier 3-rated washer and high-efficiency dryer are the industry’s most resource efficient top-load pair, using up to 75 percent less water and up to 79 percent less energy, compared to a conventional top-load washer and dryer pair.
- The Whirlpool brand resource efficient dishwasher with PowerScour offers 40 targeted spray jets that scour away baked-on foods and deliver twice the coverage to clean without pre-rinsing. This dishwasher saves consumers up to 20 gallons of water per load.
- Whirlpool brand side-by-side refrigerators with 6th Sense Technology which monitor and adjust temperatures to help food stay flavorful. The refrigerator combines counter-depth styling with a full-capacity refrigerator allowing consumers to place the appliance virtually flush with their counters.
- The Maytag brand Bravos XL top-load high-efficiency washing machine which offers industry-best cold wash cycle and PowerWash system to deliver the best cleaning while using up to 76 percent less water and 78 percent less energy compared to pre-2004 traditional top-load washers.
- The KitchenAid brand sequential dual evaporator side-by-side refrigerator with the Preserva Food Care System that keeps food fresher longer and better than any other brand.
Founded on November 11, 1911, Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets more than 470 ENERGY STAR® qualified major appliances for the U.S. and Canadian markets, more than any other appliance manufacturer. Of the products that the company makes, more than 80 percent of Whirlpool Corporation products sold in the United States are produced in the United States. The company also has donated more than 140,000 ranges and ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerators to Habitat for Humanity homes since 1999.