June 26, 2012 –Palo Alto, USA (Techreleased) – HP today announced that Verizon, Vodafone and Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MTS)—three of the world’s market-leading providers of wireless and wireline communications—have signed new technology agreements for the supply and delivery of industry standard servers.
Under the three-year agreements, HP will provide HP ProLiant servers based on the latest Intel® processors, enabling Verizon, Vodafone and MTS to offer new services for their more than 490 million subscribers.
Verizon is a global leader in delivering broadband, video and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Vodafone is one the world’s largest mobile operators and has equity interests in more than 30 countries across five continents, and more than 40 partner markets worldwide. MTS is the leading telecom provider in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Each company needed to find a solution that would allow them to further standardize x86 server data-center technologies at a group level, and to reduce costs and improve their total cost of ownership for servers.
This agreement has been reached through close collaboration between Verizon, Vodafone and MTS, enabling the companies to align on product standards and combine their purchasing volumes into one single vendor.
HP also provides HP Converged Infrastructure solutions for Verizon, Vodafone and MTS that range from thousands of servers and mission-critical systems to storage and cloud innovations. The benefits of these technology offerings include:
- Reduced time to revenue with HP CloudSystem, a comprehensive, integrated solution for rapidly building and managing services across all cloud deployment models. With HP CloudSystem and supporting programs, service providers can deploy a new cloud service in minutes or hours, not the weeks or months that manual methods require.
- Improved data center uptime with HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen 8) servers that feature HPProActive Insight Architecture. This powerful hardware and software automates every aspect of the server life cycle to eliminate manual tasks that can cause downtime while providing continuous intelligence on server health, power usage and other diagnostics.
- Improved server administration with HP Virtual Connect, which automatically connects servers and virtual machines to any LAN or SAN without error-prone, repetitive tasks. Because it requires no extra mezzanine cards or costly software licenses, HP Virtual Connect eliminates complexity and unnecessary expense.
- Increased efficiency with HP 3PAR Storage, which supports multiple tenants and massive data consolidation onto a single array to deliver automatic storage provisioningrequired by virtual, cloud and IT-as-a-Service environments.
- Increased performance with HP ProLiant DL980 G7 servers equipped with HP PREMA Architecture to handle the most demanding data-intensive workloads by reducing system bottlenecks, freeing up memory bandwidth and improving diagnostics.