Toyota is No. 1 Retail Manufacturer in July 2014 – Aug 01, 2014– Torrance, USA (Techreleased) – Toyota, Scion and Lexus today reported total July 2014 sales results of 215,802 units, an increase of 7.3 percent from July 2013 on a daily selling rate (DSR). On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 26 selling days in July 2014 versus 25 selling days in July 2013, sales increased 11.6 percent over the year-ago month.
Toyota division posted July 2014 sales of 188,469 units, up 6.4 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume-wise, Toyota division sales increased 10.6 percent over July 2013.
“Rising consumer confidence, coupled with momentum in the marketplace, boosted auto sales in July,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. “Led by an all-time record month for RAV4 and double-digit gains for both Camry and Corolla, Toyota was the number one retail brand.”
Lexus reported July sales of 27,333 units, a 14.1 percent increase on a DSR basis and an 18.7 percent increase on a raw-volume basis, both year-over-year.
“Lexus dealers turned in their best July results ever thanks to some hot products, a nationwide marketing program and the strength of the overall luxury market,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “Six of the eight Lexus models posted gains for the month.”
- Camry up about 15 percent with sales of nearly 40,000 units
- All-new Corolla up 26 percent with sales of almost 31,000 units
- Prius posts sales of 20,675 units
- Toyota light trucks post best-ever July, up over 15 percent
- All-new RAV4 up over 37 percent, posts best-ever month
- All-new Highlander up 4 percent
- 4Runner up 64.5 percent
- All-new Tundra up 5 percent for the month
- Tacoma posts sales of over 13,000 units
- All-new Lexus IS increased about 25 percent
- Lexus ES posts sales of more than 6,000 units
- Lexus GS up over 16 percent
- Lexus luxury utility vehicles up over 23 percent
- Lexus RX up 14.5 percent
- Lexus GX posts triple-digit gains for the ninth month in a row
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume