Feb 13, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will launch an audio codec IC that integrates the audio features required for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, including microphone input, an earpiece speaker amplifier, stereo headphone amplifier and line-out output. Samples of the new product, TC94B24WBG, are available now and mass production is scheduled for March 2013.
Toshiba’s proprietary single microphone noise/echo cancellation technology applied in the TC94B24WBG realizes high-quality voice on mobile devices during hands-free calling, for such situations as video telephony.
- Toshiba’s proprietary single microphone noise/echo cancellation technology
- Integrated earpiece speaker amplifier, headphone amplifier and line-out output
- Integrated audio post-processing features (equalizer, dynamic range controller)
- Programmable DSP core: CEVA-TeakLite
Audio processing for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Part Number: TC94B24WBG
- 4-channel digital microphone interface
- 2-channel A/D converter for analog microphone input
- Class-G headphone amplifier, earpiece speaker amplifier, line amplifier
- Asynchronous sampling rate converter (for single stereo channel):
- 8 kHz to 48 kHz sampling rates
- Audio DSP: Volume control, sound mixing, MUX
- During phone calls: Single microphone noise and echo cancellation
- During playback of audio: Equalizer, dynamic range control
- I2S audio interface: 4 input/output ports
- I2C bus interface with support for fast mode (400 kHz)/SPI interface mode (1 MHz)
- Package: WCSP 79-ball 0.5mm pitch