Dec 10, 2012– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation has launched a new series of CMOS multi-function gate logic devices that support 5V systems and that are housed in small packages suitable for mobile devices such as mobile phones, smartphones, tablet PCs, digital cameras and digital video cameras.
Multifunction gate logic ICs allows users to select one from multiple gate functions, depending on the processing status of input signals. The new SZ series, based on Toshiba’s existing low voltage drive multi-function gate logic SP series, extends support to 5V systems. Also added to the line-up is the SZT Series, a TTL-input-type device that secures level translation from low-voltage systems. A Schmitt trigger circuit is used for all input. The new products are in small MP6 packages (1.0mm x 1.45mm x 0.55mm) that support the requirements of small mobile devices.
Samples will be available in January with mass production scheduled to start in March.
General-purpose products for a variety of applications, but particularly suited to small mobile devices, such as mobile phones, smartphones, tablet PCs, digital cameras and digital video cameras.
- Multiple basic gate functions are selectable with one product.
- Small MP6 package (1.0mm x 1.45mm x 0.55mm) achieves a smaller mounting area.
- Operating power-supply voltage: VCC=1.65 to 5.5V
- 5.5V input tolerant function
- Power down protection function (for all input pins)
Main specifications of the new products
- *1: Operating range is the condition in which the operation is guaranteed. Please make sure to connect unused input to VCC or GND.
- *2: VCC = 0V
- *3: “H” or “L” Level
Function chart of the new products