Jan 18, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation has launched a MIPI-DSI to LVDS interface-converter bridge LSI for LCD displays that is suited for use in mobile devices, such as tablet PCs and Ultrabooks™. The new lineup supports panel resolutions up to WUXGA (1920 x 1200 × 24bit @ 60fps). Samples are available now with mass production scheduled to start in March 2013.
The new interface bridge changes the power supply operating voltage of the LVDS operating system from 3.3V to 1.8V, reducing the power consumption of the LSI to 30% that of Toshiba’s current product, a level that can contribute to reduced overall power consumption by products in which it is used.
- 1. Reduces power consumption by 70%, compared to Toshiba’s current product, by using a 1.8V LVDS operating system.
- 2. Maximum 1Gbps/lane link speed MIPI-DSI interface
- 3. Maximum 945Mbps/lane link speed LVDS interface
- 4. Supports RGB565/666/888 video input formats
- Conversion interface between the main SoC and the LCD display of mobile devices, such as tablet PCs and Ultrabooks™.
- Main specifications