Toshiba Launches a 1-Channel Low-Side Switch IPD with Integrated Diagnostic Function – Aug 02, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of “TPD1054F”, a 1-channel low-side switch IPD (intelligent power device) with diagnostic functions for use in automotive applications, such as mechanical relays and lamp drivers. Mass production is scheduled to start in December, 2013.
The new IPD is fabricated with BiCD process, which realizes integration of diagnostic functions while maintaining the equivalent on resistance to its predecessor, “TPD1044F”. This additional functionality enables the system to directly control the products, contributing to improved safety.
- Directly controllable by external logic signal
- Integrated protection and diagnostic functions
- Protection functions: overcurrent, overtemperature, and overvoltage (active clamp)
- Diagnostic functions: overcurrent, overtemperature, and open load
- Low drain-source on resistance: Ron＝0.8Ω(Max), @ Tch = 25°C
- Low standby current: IDD＝10µA(Max)
- Small package: PS-8