Toshiba Introduces Stepping Motor Driver IC “TB67S10xA” Series – Jul 12, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of the “TB67S10xA” series of stepping motor driver ICs that realize high voltage, high current and low heat-generation. Sample shipment will start on July 17.
High speed, high power motor drives are required in applications that include printers and other office automation equipment, ATMs, banknote counters, amusement machines, and home appliances. These applications are shrinking in size through space-saving and design improvement, making heat management increasingly important.
The “TB67S10xA” series, fabricated with the latest high voltage analog process, offers 50V maximum rating and low on resistance during motor driver output (0.5Ω or less, total of upper and lower side) to reduce heat. Newly developed motor driving technology (ADMD) improves switching speed, contributing to lower heat generation and higher drive efficiency.
Key features of the new product series
- Low heat-generation
- Low on resistance (0.5Ω or less, total of upper and lower side) and ADMD technology reduce heat generation
- Low vibration and low noise
- The high-end product in the series, “TB67S109A”, uses high-resolution 1/32 step (max.) motor driving technology that reduces vibration and noise.
- Small package with good heat dissipation
- A small, effective heat-dissipating package simplifies heat management of applications and also contributes to downsizing and cost reduction. The series offers two package line-ups: the HTSSOP package is pin-compatible with equivalent products, and QFN package reduces mounting area.
- Built-in abnormality detection functions
- The product series integrates a thermal shutdown circuit, overcurrent shutdown circuit, and undervoltage lockout circuit, and realizes high reliability.
|Absolute Maximum Ratings||50V, 4A|
|Package||QFN48 and HTSSOP48|
|Excitation Mode||2 phases, 1-2 phases, and W1-2 phases||2 phases, 1-2 phases,
W1-2 phases, 2W1-2 phases,
4W1-2 phases, and 8W1-2 phases
|Other Features||Low heat-generation and high efficient drive by ADMD technology
Built-in abnormality detection functions (thermal shutdown circuit, overcurrent shutdown circuit, and undervoltage lockout circuit).
Built-in output function of abnormality detection flag (TB67S109A only)
Sequence-free power supply by single power drive
|Mass Production Schedule||October 2013 (scheduled)|