Silverado Texas Edition Debuts in San Antonio, USA- May 07, 2013– San Antonio, USA (Techreleased) – The 2014 Silverado Texas Edition, which recognizes the strong bonds between Texans and their trucks, debuts May 6 as part of the 2014 Silverado media drive in San Antonio and Spring Branch, Texas.
“The Silverado Texas Edition recognizes the fact that one out of every six full-size pickups are sold in Texas,” said Maria Rohrer, Silverado marketing director. “It combines features that add real value for Silverado customers with unique badging that honors the connection between Texans and their trucks.”
The Silverado Texas Edition is available either on the midlevel Silverado LT or on the more upscale LTZ. For the LT version, the Texas editions adds 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, a trailering package, locking rear differential, body-color outside mirror caps and door handles, and Texas Edition badges. For LTZ models, the 20-inch wheels, door handles and mirror caps are chrome and a Bose premium audio system is added.
Like all 2014 Silverado 1500 models, the Silverado Texas Editions include:
- All-new EcoTec3 engines – a standard 285-horsepower (212 kW) V-6 on the LT and 355-horsepower (250 kW) V-8 on the LTZ
- A stronger, quieter, more comfortable cab
- A refined new interior with features and connectivity tailored to the needs of truck customers
- Powerful, intuitive connectivity via Chevrolet MyLink
- Revised steering, suspension and brakes for improved ride and handling
- Ingenious solutions for managing cargo in the bed.
For customers in the other 49 states, a Custom Sport package with comparable features – but no Texas Edition badges – will be available.