Nov 14, 2012– Hopkinton, USA (Techreleased) –EMC Corporation today announced that Sekisui Diagnostics, a manufacturer of innovative medical diagnostic solutions, has standardized on EMC® technologies to implement a brand-new data center infrastructure in only three months as part of its divesture from Genzyme Corporation. Sekisui Diagnostics selected EMC VNX® over NetApp and Dell storage to more efficiently and easily manage rapid business growth, while improving response time for IT requests. Sekisui is also using EMC Avamar® for its centralized backup and recovery solution, eliminating the former requirement of deploying backup hardware at all of its sites. Tight integration between VNX and VMware has enabled Sekisui to achieve a 90% virtualized environment using VMware® vSphere™, enabling it to provision new virtual machines in minutes.
- Quicker Fulfillment of Business Requests—Sekisui’s IT organization has reduced time to deliver new IT resources to internal users, even as infrastructure capacity and the number of requests for services increase by 50%.
- Improved Efficiency—Since implementing a FLASH 1st automated tiering strategy with EMC VNX, Sekisui can spend more time delivering value-added IT services instead of on administrative tasks for its mission-critical applications.
- Backup Simplicity—With EMC Avamar’s inherently simple management, Sekisui can effectively manage backups around the globe from a single centralized location.
- Cost-Effective Backups— Avamar has enabled Sekisui to avoid capital cost by not having to deploy backup hardware at all of its sites.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Sekisui Diagnostics was tasked with building its own data center from scratch. Having previously relied on shared IT services from Genzyme, the company was seeking an IT infrastructure solution to provide an efficient, powerful and simple data center for its new operation. Sekisui also looked to implement a reliable and efficient tapeless backup and recovery solution that could scale as its business expanded.
The company closely evaluated EMC, NetApp and Dell solutions as the cornerstone infrastructure for its new data center. The company ultimately determined that EMC VNX unified storage provided the most efficient solution for rapidly rolling out a new data center while providing the flexibility to support anticipated growth. With the help of EMC and GreenPages Technology Solutions, an EMC Velocity Solution Provider, Sekisui was able to go live with its brand new data center in only three months.
- More Efficient Storage Infrastructure—For improved performance and efficiency, the medical diagnostics manufacturer’s EMC VNX unified storage leverages a FLASH 1st strategy to automatically move data based on activity level, optimizing for cost and performance simultaneously. Sekisui has completely standardized on VNX storage to support its enterprise applications, including Oracle for sales forecasting, Microsoft SQL Server for document management, Exchange email and MFG Pro enterprise resource planning. In addition, Sekisui has virtualized 90% of the environment using VMware vSphere virtualization.
- Simple, Cost-Effective Backups—The company is also protecting its diverse client set on both physical and virtualized servers with EMC® Avamar® deduplication backup software and system. With Avamar’s simple management, Sekisui is able to easily manage backup and recovery processes in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom from a central location.