Jan 23, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – NTT DOCOMO, INC., announced today its 2013 spring lineup of 12 models that will launch in sequence beginning on January 25. The lineup includes 11 smartphones and tablets, plus one mobile Wi-Fi® router. For maximized ease of use, the models feature upgraded versions of numerous popular functions introduced in the 2012 winter lineup.
Some of the new and prominent features of the lineup include:
- First DOCOMO smartphones capable of full-HD for superb high-definition video.
- Compatible with DOCOMO’s Xi™ (“crossy”) LTE service for max. downlink of 112.5 Mbps (some areas), the fastest LTE connection in Japan as of January 21.
- A large selection of models featuring quad-core CPUs for increased enjoyment of mobile games and videos.
- Many models running on Android™ 4.1.
- Large-capacity batteries (2,000mAh or more) for power-thirsty users.
- Smartphone model with special safety and security features for preteens.
Also announced today was “docomo Smart Home,” an all-new initiative for sharing videos, music and other content between smartphones and home electronics, realizing a convenient new way to enjoy high-definition digital content both at home and on the move.
As part of this initiative, the new spring lineup offers the “dtab,” a Wi-Fi-dedicated tablet with special features for DOCOMO services such as the dmarket™ portal, and the “SmartTV dstick,” a small flash drive-like HDMI device for enjoying movies and animation from dmarket, etc. on large-screen televisions.
In addition, new functions have been added to the Twonky™ Beam app, which enables DOCOMO smartphones to play full-HD digital-terrestrial and broadcast-satellite programs that are stored on the user’s Blu-ray™ recording devices at home.
docomo with series
docomo NEXT series