NTT DOCOMO Unveils 12 New Mobile Devices in Summer Lineup – May 14, 2014– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, unveiled today its 2014 summer lineup of mobile devices — six smartphones, two tablets, two feature phones, one Raku-Raku (“easy-easy”) phone and one USB data terminal — which will launch in Japan on or after May 15. The lineup features a diverse range of smartphones and other devices incorporating advanced mobile technologies, including Japan’s first Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) service, H.265/HEVC high-efficiency video coding, 4K resolution and more.
Some of the special features in the 2014 summer lineup are as follows:
- Four smartphones and two tablets compatible with DOCOMO’s new service incorporating VoLTE technology, which enables Area MailTM early-warning disaster notifications during VoLTE voice/video calls and high-speed packet communication during VoLTE voice calls.
- Five smartphones, two tablets and the Raku-Raku phone compatible with the H.265/HEVC next-generation video coding standard for downloading high-quality video content with high efficiency, approximately double the data compression ratio of the existing standard.
- Six smartphones and the Raku-Raku phone equipped with an energy-saving feature that minimizes phone functions to maintain battery power for nearly 72 hours, even when the battery level is as low as 15 percent.
- Three smartphones equipped for 4K-resolution video recording and playback.
- Five smartphones, two tablets and the Raku-Raku phone preinstalled with the latest AndroidTM OS 4.4.
- A collaboration smartphone, the Disney Mobile on docomo SH-05F, featuring exclusive designs and content created with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd.
DOCOMO also announced its new “docomo select” brand covering more than 300 accessories and peripherals for DOCOMO smartphones, tablets and feature phones. Three notable items in the new docomo select lineup are wearable devices — the “move bandTM 2,” the SAMSUNG Gear Fit and SAMSUNG Gear 2. The “move band 2” wristband-type health-monitoring device from docomo Healthcare, Inc. enables easy recording and tracking of health data, such as walking steps, calorie consumption and sleep hours, weighs just 17 grams and has a seven-day battery life. The SAMSUNG Gear Fit and SAMSUNG Gear 2 are both smart-watches for handy voice calls and emailing when synchronized with Samsung smartphones. The lineup also includes the TV BOX, a Wi-Fi® TV tuner that connects to smartphones or tablets to view Full/One-seg terrestrial digital broadcasting or NOTTV®, a V-high multimedia broadcasting service offered in Japan.
docomo Raku-Raku Phone
docomo Feature Phone