Sept 27, 2012–Tokyo,Japan (Techreleased) –Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of an app for using my Picturetown (http://mypicturetown.com), Nikon’s image sharing and storage service, from an Android device.
This app can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play™ administered by Google Inc.
This new app provide expanded support for image sharing, organization, and storage from the new COOLPIX S800c released today, and the latest Android devices.
my Picturetown for Android primary features
- Quick and comfortable image displayThe app allows for viewing of images in albums temporarily saved beforehand when Internet access from the Android device is not possible.
By simply selecting and temporarily saving my Picturetown albums beforehand, images in those albums can be viewed in situations when a signal cannot be acquired. This function also enables quick display of images without waiting for them to download. Therefore, it makes for stress-free viewing of images with the new COOLPIX S800c when the Internet cannot be accessed over a Wi-Fi® connection.
- Support for Android intentsSupport for Android intents enables access to my Picturetown from other Android apps. For example, an image selected from an Android gallery app for image viewing can be uploaded to my Picturetown with launching of the my Picturetown app. Collaboration between apps provides a smooth and seamless user experience.
- Other Main Functions
- When images are displayed for the first time, a cache function temporarily stores data in device memory making subsequent display faster and smoother.
- Functions for editing image data stored on my Picturetown have been enhanced for more intuitive image sorting, and album editing and sharing.
- Motion Snapshots recorded with Nikon 1 cameras can be played back.
- The app offers a book view function that automatically creates a beautiful layout similar to that of a photo book or magazine for viewing images.
- A map view function displays images to which location information has been attached on a map.
- URLs for images stored on my Picturetown can be posted to Facebook and Twitter for sharing with a broader audience.
- 8 languages are supported (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Functions for viewing albums off-line.
|Supported OS versions||Android versions 2.3, 3.1, 4.0|
Nikon has already enabled the wireless transfer of images from its D3200 and D600 digital-SLR cameras and COOLPIX S800c compact digital camera to smart devices, and will continue to offer greater collaboration with smart devices through the development and release of network-compatible cameras.
In addition to increased network support for its digital cameras, Nikon is working to promote communication via social networking sites and services. Using my Picturetown as a base for the simple viewing and sharing of photos and movies recorded with a variety of devices, Nikon is striving to create a place for people to connect with each other, as well as offering users more ways to enjoy the new imaging possibilities of this digital age.