MOTOTRBO Anywhere Bridges the Communication Gap to Mobile Devices – Sep 18, 2013– Schaumburg, USA (Techreleased) – Motorola Solutions, Inc. today announced that work teams can now connect on a new level with MOTOTRBO™ Anywhere. This new solution builds on the success of the MOTOTRBO digital two-way radio portfolio to extend reach, enhance choice and increase flexibility. MOTOTRBO Anywhere allows workers to communicate with MOTOTRBO radio users and talk-groups with an easy-to-use application on their Android or iOS smartphones, which connects via a wireline gateway to the MOTOTRBO radio network. Organizations can now leverage their reliable MOTOTRBO network to extend communications to other mobile broadband devices to improve collaboration and efficiency.
For example, busy professionals such as manufacturing plant managers usually carry a mobile device to manage emails and phone calls on the move. With MOTOTRBO Anywhere, they can now use the same device to communicate with MOTOTRBO radio users in the business, whether the manager is on-site or outside the MOTOTRBO coverage area. Unlike other push-to-talk applications, MOTOTRBO Anywhere is integrated into the radio system infrastructure to deliver system scalability and a much more radio-like experience. Users get reliable, highly secure, business-critical communications, whether connecting via cellular networks or Wi-Fi.
- MOTOTRBO two-way voice and data radios have exceptional voice quality, long battery life, and one of the industry’s largest application developer programs. MOTOTRBO is the technology of choice for instant communications within enterprises. The new MOTOTRBO Anywhere solution enhances the value of the portfolio to customers who need greater reach, choice and flexibility.
- MOTOTRBO Anywhere is engineered around real customer requirements to be highly reliable, scalable and flexible. The solution can accommodate hundreds of users, and every user can be configured with a unique profile, defining talk-groups and private call capabilities.
- MOTOTRBO Anywhere is a flexible solution capable of working across carriers, locations, and devices. This enables customers to communicate with their MOTOTRBO network from wherever their business takes them.
- The system is easy to configure, and new users can be provisioned quickly. Access is secure, and the system administrator remains in control at all times.
- Motorola offers a flexible purchasing model, allowing customers to deploy a small system today and expand it as their business grows. MOTOTRBO Anywhere will initially be offered for MOTOTRBO Connect Plus systems in the United States and Canada and will be available for deployment in the fourth quarter.
- The introduction of MOTOTRBO Anywhere is consistent with Motorola’s strategy to enable broadband push-to-talk (PTT) as a complementary feature across land mobile radio (LMR) platforms. Read about our existing broadband PTT offering for ASTRO® 25.