Feb 08, 2013– Basingstoks, UK (Techreleased) – Motorola Solutions Inc., a world leader in the development and deployment of Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) communication solutions, today announced that it has shipped its 2 millionth TETRA digital radio terminal. This milestone was reached in less than four years, half the time it took to reach the first milestone of 1 million units bought by customers.
The increasing rate of shipment for TETRA terminals highlights the accelerating growth of the worldwide user base depending on reliable TETRA digital radio technology and the continued market recognition of Motorola’s pioneering position in the development of innovative TETRA solutions.
The strength and maturity of this market also is reflected in the pace of innovation brought to users. In recent months Motorola has introduced the MTM5200 and MTM5500 TETRA mobile radios as well as the new MTP6550, one of the most advanced TETRA portable radio in the world. The new additions are all capable of supporting TETRA Enhanced Data Service (TEDS), a mission-critical resilient and secure data service compliant with the ETSI TETRA standard. The new devices will ensure that investments made in TETRA today will be able to support data services in the future, which through TEDS provide up to 20 times faster access to back-office applications, such as business intelligence and databases.
The latest customers from around the world who have chosen TETRA radio terminals from Motorola Solutions include Metro Service in Denmark and Bangalore International Airport Limited in India.
- Motorola presented Surrey Police with a trophy to mark the delivery of the 200,000th terminal in November 2003. Followed by the delivery of the 1 millionth terminal to the Jordan Armed Forces in 2009. To reach the 2 million milestone so rapidly shows the increase in the TETRA market in recent years.
- Motorola´s complete portfolio of TETRA solutions involves infrastructure, terminals, applications and services that are now in use in more than 120 countries worldwide.
- With a heritage of 85 years and a core competence in mission-critical communications, Motorola has a unique history of innovations and experience in the two-way radio industry.
- Motorola is fully committed to the future of TETRA and TEDS as the core of mission-critical communications and is recognizing that its TETRA solutions, when linked with a powerful combination of broadband technologies, multimedia applications and advanced devices, will bring the advantages of broadband to end users.
- Recently in Europe, Metro Service, the operator of Copenhagen Metro chose the Motorola MTP3250 and MTP3200 TETRA radio terminals for their superior audio quality and intuitive user interface. This contract follows a reliable technology partnership lasting more than 10 years where Metro Service has also renewed its Motorola TETRA system in 2012.