Mitsubishi Electric to Launch Large Hybrid SiC DIPIPM for PV Application – Nov 21, 2014– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Mitsubishi Electric announced today the launch of its large hybrid SiC transfer-mold dual in-line package intelligent power module (DIPIPM), which incorporates a SiC Schottky barrier diode and seventh-generation IGBT chips featuring the carrier-stored trench-gate bipolar transistor (CSTBT) structure. The new module, which reduces the power consumption and size of PV inverter applications, will begin selling on November 28.
1) Reduces power consumption of PV inverter systems
- Hybrid structure achieved with SiC Schottky barrier diode and seventh-generation IGBT chips
- Reduces power loss by about 25% compared with Mitsubishi Electric’s existing PV product (PS61A99).
2) Helps downsize PV inverter system thanks to modified short-circuit protection scheme
- The IGBT chip has a current-sensing pin that could detect a couple of thousands of the main collector currentand can be used for external short-circuit protection function.
- Current-sensing pin eliminates the need for a large external shunt resistor, which helps downsize power conditioner inverter systems
|Large Hybrid SiC DIPIPM
for PV applications
|PSH50YA2A6||50A/600V||Nov. 28, 2014|