Mitsubishi Electric Establishes Mass-Production Technology For Curved Color Tft-Lcd Module And Begins Taking Orders – Nov 26, 2018 – Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced today that it has established mass-production technology for a new curved (concave) color TFT-LCD module that combines environmental ruggedness to withstand extreme temperatures and an attractive design, making it ideal for use in automobiles and leisure boats. The module offers a curvature radius from 700mm to less than 1,000mm and optical performance equivalent to that of flat screens. Mitsubishi Electric is now accepting orders for the new module.
1) Mass-production technology for TFT-LCD module with curvature radius of 700mm to under 1,000mm
– Efficient, stable production realized through optimized mechanical design and TFT panel design with consideration for curvature tolerance
– New mass-production technology ensures fast, high quality production with one-stop solution covering everything from TFT panel production to bonding of curved cover glass
2) Curved display performance equivalent to that of flat display
– Optimized mechanical and TFT panel designs achieve white and black luminance uniformity equivalent to that of flat displays
– Excellent visibility, even in bright environments, thanks to super-wide viewing angles of 176 degrees, both horizontally and vertically, high brightness of 1,000 cd/㎡ and high contrast ratio of 1,000:1
– High-resolution (167-190ppi) display capably handles rich information
– Vibrant color visibility achieved with enhanced color reproduction (NTSC ration Typ.84%)
– Unmatched operating temperature range from -40 to 85 degrees Celsius withstands extreme temperatures.