Feb 13, 2013– Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Techreleased) – MEDEXPO Saudi Arabia, held under the patronage of the His Royal Highness Prince Mishaal bin Majed bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Jeddah, is an international healthcare exhibition and forum in the kingdom focusing on a wide array of health sectors, including Medical, Dentistry, Ophthalmology, Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Bio-Technology and Medical Tourism will predominantly will attract visitors from the GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain & Oman) and the wider Middle East region.
According to the last fiscal budget, the Government has allocated additional funds to the tune of SAR 16 Billion (US$ 4.32 Billion) which made the total budget allocation to reach SAR 84.7 Billion (US$ 22.87 Billion) towards healthcare and social services in 2012.
Saudi Arabia represents one of the most lucrative destinations for healthcare professionals globally. Due to the high prevalence of lifestyle diseases including obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, the spending on pharmaceuticals, hospital services and medical devices will increase considerably in the future.
What Saudi Arabia?
- Saudi Arabia is one of the top ten fastest growing countries in the world!
- It has the largest economy in the Middle East, accounting for 70% of the Gulf Cooperation Council’s GDP.
- Jeddah is the commercial centre of Saudi Arabia. Jeddah has the greatest number of hospitals, clinics, doctors and nurses.
- Jeddah is the principal gateway for the religious pilgrimage of Hajj and Umrah which delivers millions of people through Jeddah yearly.
- It is the largest city in Makkah Province, the largest sea port on the Red Sea, and the second largest city in Saudi Arabia.
- Jeddah is the most cosmopolitan and tolerant of all Saudi Arabian cities
Ninth Five-Year Development Plan (2010 – 2014) adopted:
“The Ninth Five-Year Development Plan will establish 117 new hospitals, 750 primary health care centres and 400 emergency centres.” Minister Al-Gosaibi.