Nov 01, 2012– San Diego, USA (Techreleased) –Iomega, a global leader in data protection, today announced the worldwide availability of the new Iomega® StorCenter™ px12-400r Network Storage Array, a rackmount unit that leverages easy-to-use best-in-class EMC storage technologies at price points ideal for small and medium business, remote office/branch office installations and distributed enterprises.
The StorCenter px12-400r combines extremely high data throughput with quad-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and an Intel Core i3 Processor in user-friendly storage configurations ranging from a diskless model that allows users to add their own hard drives to models that incorporate the flexibility of 1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 4TB Server Class hard drives.
Additionally, the StorCenter px12-400r utilizes the latest version of the award-winning EMC® LifeLine™ software, an advanced operating system for Iomega NAS devices that makes EMC’s expertise and cloud capabilities available to a broad range of smaller business users and others.
Among the advanced functions incorporated into the new StorCenter px12-400r Network Storage Array: deduplication, VDI, database and storage-based applications. Emerging applications include video management systems (VMS) for surveillance and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise running natively on the storage.
- Iomega’s latest network storage array powered by EMC storage technology with sister company software innovations, including EMC Atmos Cloud Connector and EMC Avamar data deduplication
- Ideal for production data stores, server virtualization, backup-to-disk target and video surveillance applications
- 12-bay, 2U network storage array ready for use today with 4TB* Server Class hard drives and the option of solid state drives
- Available in diskless, partially populated or fully populated configurations up to 48TB in a single array
- Included McAfee VirusScan Enterprise provides industry-leading anti-virus protection