Dec 05, 2012– Frankfurt, Germany (Techreleased) – HP today extends its business tablet portfolio with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve—a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform with the flick of the wrist to deliver a convertible computing solution to match any need, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business and government customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by the latest, third-generation Intel® Core™ processors and optimized for Windows® 8,(1) the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the incredible performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility of quickly switching to a tablet with a touch-enabled high-definition (HD)(2) display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(3) which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
“Employees want computing devices that work the way they do—flexibly and able to adapt to any situation,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. “HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they’ll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT.”
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultramobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP’s line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD(3) display packed into a 3.04 lb design(4) allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.(2)
- WWAN,(5) USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC(6) for simple, secure on-the-go(7) productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology,(8) ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.(9)
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
- Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
- HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
- HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customization options such as corporate image loading.
- Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software(12) also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.(13)
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets(2) and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module,(2) an accessory that helps areas like nurses’ stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30)—which doubles as tablet—whether the notebook is being used standalone or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard.
The HP EliteBook Revolve is expected to be available in the United States in March 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to that date.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available in the United States in January 2013 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $499.(14)
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Details, www.microsoft.com.
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(4) Approximate starting at weight based on preproduction model and may vary with final product. The total z-dimension is estimated to be 22.4 mm, which is the thinnest point on this product.
(5) Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area.
(6) NFC software is not included and is sold separately. Internet access required.
(7) Internet access required.
(8) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel Rapid Start software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(9) Based on PCMark testing. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(10) Requires Windows 8 and initial user set up.
(11) Opt in and internet connection required for updates.
(12) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in specific area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
(13) Use of HP ePrint at HP Public Print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint or HP ePrint software. Availability and cost of printing varies by location. A list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
(14) Estimated U.S. retail prices. Actual prices may vary.