Nov 19, 2012– Palo Alto, USA (Techreleased) – HP and Emirates Airlines today announced the HP ElitePad 900 tablet as the primary interface for the airline’s new Knowledge-driven Inflight Service (KIS), making the airline the first global customer of the tablet.
An innovative in-flight communication and customer relationship management (CRM) system, KIS on the HP ElitePad 900 enables Emirates’ pursers to work more efficiently with cabin crew to deliver the personalized service and attention to detail that the airline is known for.
“Emirates constantly seeks ways to enhance our customers’ experience,” said Kevin Griffiths, senior vice president, Cabin Crew, Emirates Airlines. “We selected the HP ElitePad 900 to power KIS because of its sleek design and light weight, which allows our staff to provide the highest levels of service to our customers, whilst maintaining the ruggedness and security measures needed from an Enterprise class device.”
Announced in October 2012, the HP ElitePad 900 is a true tablet for the enterprise that is tailor-made for Emirates’ KIS application. It balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, serviceability and support. The ultrathin and lightweight Windows® 8-based tablet(1) will allow Emirates’ pursers and their crew to provide premium in-flight service to customers while protecting personal information with robust security protocols.
The HP ElitePad 900 is expected to be widely available to customers in the United States in January.
“For its advanced KIS concierge service, Emirates Airlines needed an enterprise-grade tablet,” said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. “In the HP ElitePad, it found a compact, powerful and stylish business tool ideally suited to meet the needs of its staff and customers, both on the ground and at 40,000 feet.”
Main features of the HP ElitePad 900:
- An ergonomic design featuring a 10.1-inch diagonal display, while weighing just 1.5 pounds and measuring 9.2 millimeters (mm) thin. This will allow Emirates’ pursers and their crew the agility to efficiently address customer needs throughout flights.
- Stylish, premium materials such as CNC-machined aluminum and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 that look right at home in Emirates’ luxurious cabins.
- Engineering that meets military standard 810G testing for drop, vibration, dust, temperature and altitude,(2) allowing it to stand up any travel conditions.
- Enterprise-caliber data, device and identity protection for Emirates customers with HP Client Security.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Additional information is available at www.microsoft.com.
(2) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.