Oct 24, 2012– Palo Alto, USA (Techreleased) – HP today announced availability and pricing details for its new lineup of consumer and business PCs that are designed to work with Windows 8.
The new HP products, ranging from stylish notebooks and desktops to a tablet, leverage premium materials and a purposeful design philosophy to deliver a distinct HP look and feel.
Unique form factors, including a hybrid PC with a detachable screen, a business tablet with functionality-boosting HP Smart Jackets and an ultrathin all-in-one (AiO) desktop, enable users to take advantage of Windows 8 along with HP innovations such as HP TouchSmart technology. They also offer HP Connected Photo powered by Snapfish by HP(1) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian(2) for convenient access to photos and music.
“HP’s portfolio of ultrathin notebooks, sleek all-in-ones and high-performance business PCs is designed to meet the needs of customers anticipating the release of the Windows 8 OS,” said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. “Consumers and organizations now can choose from a broad range of HP PCs featuring multitouch displays, versatile form factors, sleek designs or customizable solutions that address their needs.”
HP consumer notebooks(3)
The HP consumer notebook portfolio featuring Windows 8 includes a hybrid PC and notebooks with slim and sophisticated designs, multitouch display technology, strong performance and great value.
- The HP ENVY x2 is a powerful, ultrathin hybrid PC that delivers the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet in one stylish, lightweight device. A notebook that doubles as a tablet, the HP ENVY x2 has a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard via a seamless magnetic latch. The HP ENVY x2 includes a vivid 11.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(4) touch display, Beats Audio, an HD webcam plus an 8-megapixel camera, and near field communication (NFC) technology that lets users share content, including photos, contacts and URLs, with a simple tap. Expected to be available in the United States on Nov. 14, starting at $849.99.
- The HP SpectreXT TouchSmart UltrabookTM is a premium Ultrabook featuring a 15.6-inch diagonal multitouch Radiance Full HD(4) IPS display, strong performance and a sophisticated all-metal design. Measuring 17.9 millimeters (mm) thin, this Ultrabook is HP’s first notebook with Intel® Thunderbolt technology,(5) providing blazing-fast transfer of music, movies and data to external devices. Expected to be available in the United States in December, starting at $1,399.99.
- The HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 features a 14-inch multitouch HD(4) display, a booming subwoofer with Beats Audio and optional AMD graphics with 2 GB of graphics memory. Currently available for preorders in the United States, starting at $799.99.
- The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PCs are available in sparkling black and ruby red and provide the performance and easy applications consumers need every day—now in an ultrathin style. Currently available in the United States, starting at $499.99 and $579.99, respectively.
- The HP ENVY m4 notebook PC delivers the perfect balance of mobility, performance and entertainment in a thin and light package. Currently available in the United States at Best Buy, starting at $899.99.
- The HP Pavilion dm1 now offers up to 200 MB of free data per month for two years of fast 4G mobile broadband service operating on the T-Mobile network—all with no contracts or commitments.(6) Currently available in the United States, starting at $499.99.
HP consumer all-in-one PCs and consumer desktops(3)
HP’s new consumer desktops include AiO and tower PCs featuring the latest multitouch technology and offering head-turning designs and powerful performance.
- The HP ENVY 23 and ENVY 20 TouchSmart AiO PCs deliver 10-point multitouch technology, 23- and 20-inch diagonal HD(4) displays, and excellent performance for working, playing and staying connected. The HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart and HP ENVY 20 TouchSmart AiO PCs are currently available in the United States, starting at $999 and $799, respectively.
- The HP SpectreONE is a thin and elegant AiO PC featuring a 23.6-inch nontouch flush-glass full HD(4) display, a unique curved back and NFC technology, making it an entertainment powerhouse. Expected to be available in the United States in November, starting at $1,299.
- The nontouch HP Pavilion 20 AiO delivers performance, an attractive space-saving design and intuitive features to keep users connected to family and friends, all at a great value. Currently available in the United States, starting at $449.
- The HP ENVY Phoenix h9 desktop PC delivers a powerful computing experience for users who enjoy creating digital content and immersive gaming. Currently available in the United States, starting at $899.
HP business PCs(3)
Delivering outstanding performance, versatility and value, HP’s business PC portfolio maximizes productivity for businesses and government organizations of any size.
- The HP ElitePad 900 is a true tablet for business that balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, serviceability and support. The ultrathin and lightweight Windows 8-based tablet(7) also features optional HP ElitePad Smart Jackets,(8) which add connectivity options and longer battery life along with specific add-ons that customize the tablet for specialized uses. HP ElitePad 900 customers also receive a free 50GB Box account, to make it simple to share, access and collaborate with their files.(9) Expected to be available in the United States in January 2013. Pricing will be announced closer to the commercial availability date.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook is ultrathin, lightweight and efficient. With enterprise docking capabilities and a swappable battery, the EP EliteBook Folio is built for the on-the-go professional. The HP ElitePad Folio 9470m Ultrabook is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 26, starting at $1,049.
HP announced touch-enabled notebooks on Aug. 30, AiO and desktop PCs on Sept. 20, additional consumer notebooks and commercial PCs on Sept. 20, and an enterprise-ready tablet on Oct. 1.
HP is providing customers an array of simple and easy-to-access support tools and resources to help customers. They include:
- HP Support Assistant is an on-product tool that provides a one-stop shop to help maintain the PC and avoid or resolve problems using automated updates and self-help options.
- HP is creating a designated web support page for its Windows 8-based devices. Customers can easily upgrade their Windows 7-based HP devices to Windows 8, obtain necessary drivers for their HP products as they become available and seek answers to their other Windows 8 support questions related to HP devices by visiting www.hp.com/go/win8support.
- Printing-related instructional videos are available at www.youtube.com/hpprintersupport and computing-related videos are available at www.youtube.com/howto4u.
- The HP Printer Install Wizard will be available for a majority of consumer printers and will help customers select and install their print drivers. The HP Printer Install Wizard is expected to be available at the support landing page.
- HP will host a free Expert Day on the HP Consumer Support Forums on Nov. 28 to answer any questions specific to Windows 8 compatibility with HP laptops, PCs and printers.
(1) Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(2) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(3) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
(4) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(5) Thunderbolt is new technology that requires installation of driver updates for the product before use. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt compatible device required and sold separately. Additional information for determining whether a device is Thunderbolt enabled for Windows 8 is available at https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.
(6) Registration required for service. Service starts on date of hardware purchase and is not available everywhere. 4G connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. Available in the United States only.
(7) This system is Windows 8 certified and supports the new Windows Store user interface. The integrated display resolution is below the threshold for Snap, a Windows Store interface feature that allows two Windows Store applications to be viewed simultaneously. This feature may be enabled by attaching an external 1,366 x 768 or higher resolution display.
(8) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(9) Internet access required and not included. 50GB free individual Box account. Subscription required for additional storage space.