GE Honda Aero Engines Ready for EIS – May 19, 2015– Geneva, Switzerland (Techreleased) – GE Honda Aero Engines (GHAE) is very excited to announce all elements are in place to support a successful entry into service in 2015.
Preparation for support of European aircraft delivery is on schedule, as GHAE has submitted all required documentation for EASA certification of the HF120, which is planned for the fourth quarter of 2015. GHAE has a European Authorized Service Provider (ASPs) network for the HF120 engine that currently includes TAG Aviation (Farnborough, UK) and Rheinland Air Service (Mönchengladbach, Germany), and is actively engaged with Marshall Aviation Services in Cambridge, UK to expand the network’s reach.
“We are delighted to work with Marshall Aviation Services and welcome them to join our exceptional network of service providers”, said Steve Shaknaitis, president of GE Honda Aero Engines.
GE Honda’s ASPs perform line maintenance, engine removal and support rental engine use for HF120 shop visits. GE Honda’s Engine Maintenance Care program will be promoted, sold, and facilitated by the ASP network. Customers will use the ASP network for warranty and Engine Maintenance Care services.
The ASP network is supported by a 24/7 GE Honda Bizjet Operations Center, and a growing team of dedicated Field Technical Managers (FTMs) and Customer Team Managers (CTMs).
Other customer support operations that are ready to support EIS:
- one-stop customer support portal; mygehonda.com;
- parts logistics with an online inventory viewing and ordering system;
- warehousing of new and repaired/exchange parts;
- pool of rental engines supporting the fleet;
- technical manuals with easy navigation and 3D viewing of parts;
- world-class diagnostics & trend monitoring; and
- technical training with an engine-to-aircraft interface mockup.
GE Honda Aero Engines offers long-term Engine Maintenance Care programs that extend beyond the basic engine warranty, with coverage of both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events. The two levels of service coverage offered under this program are EMC2, a hands-off solution for customers requiring comprehensive service, and EMCb, which is predominantly a parts-only program. Both programs are offered through the GE Honda ASP network.
In order to support EIS, GHAE’s dedicated production facility, Honda Aero, Inc.’s Burlington, NC site is ramping up to produce approximately 100 engines in 2015 to meet customer demands. The facility received its FAA Production Certificate in March of 2015.
To date, the HF120 program has accumulated close to 23,000 cycles and more than 13,000 hours demonstrating maturity prior to entering service in early 2015.
Rated at 2,095 pounds of thrust, the HF120 engine sets new standards of performance in fuel efficiency, durability, and low noise and emissions.
HF120 technologies include:
- A wide-chord, compound, swept front fan blisk, along with composite outlet guide vanes.
- A high-temperature titanium impeller in the compressor for maximum engine pressure ratio and stall-free performance.
- A compact reverse-flow configuration combustor and single-stage air-blast fuel nozzles.
- Advanced materials in the high-pressure (HP) turbine as well as a two-stage low-pressure (LP) turbine and a counter rotating HP and LP spool shaft system.