Epson Expands Its Heavy Duty A3 Color Workgroup Printers Lineup – Dec 03, 2014– Long Beach, USA (Techreleased) – Epson, a leading provider of business imaging solutions, today announced expansion of its portfolio of workgroup printers with its two new A3 printing solutions powered by PrecisionCore – the WorkForce Pro WF-8590 and WF-8090. The WorkForce Pro 8000-Series printers are designed to deliver affordable color printing with low intervention for small and medium companies and corporate workgroups.
The WorkForce Pro 8000-Series features black and color print speeds up to 24 ppm1, a duty cycle of up to 75,000 pages2, and cost savings up to 40 percent lower than printing from color lasers3. With the WorkForce Pro WF-8590 (multifunction) and WF-8090 (single function) color printers, workgroups will benefit from versatile media handling to print up to 13” x 19” on a variety of media, including envelopes and labels. With ultra-high yield cartridges to print or copy up to 7,000 color pages4 and total paper capacity of up to 1,830 sheets with optional paper trays, small and medium businesses (SMBs) can maximize work productivity by reducing the frequency of supplies replenishment.
“Business decision-makers and their solutions providers are moving A3 printing closer to the knowledge workers who print a high volume of color pages,” said Larry Trevarthen, director, Business Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “This move not only minimizes workflow disruption, but with the new WorkForce Pro 8000-Series, it can also optimize the costs of color printing.”
“These new Epson models are designed to augment traditional ‘big iron’ machines – not replace them – to more conveniently deliver the wide-format color documents produced by companies in sectors such as manufacturing, healthcare and financial services,” Trevarthen added.
Additional WorkForce Pro 8000-Series features include:
- Drivers & utilities – universal printer driver; PCL* and PostScript® 3 support.
- Security features: PIN number certification for job release; user control access, printer and network settings via Web configuration with printer’s IP address, SSL/TLS security, IPSec.
- Efficiency – automatic duplexing plus auto media size detection; WorkForce Pro WF-8590 adds auto two-sided copying, faxing and scanning, including Scan to Cloud5, scan to email and Epson Document Capture Pro software.
- Built-in connectivity – includes Ethernet, USB, wireless b/g/n6 and Wi-Fi Direct®6; easily print from tablets and smartphones7, including remote printing and access to Cloud.
- Enabled for remote printer data collection – Compatible with MPS software solutions from PrintFleet®, ECi (FMAudit®) and others.
The WorkForce Pro WF-8590 and WF-8090 will be available in January 2015 through the Epson ImageWaySM Partner Program to channel partners and through authorized commercial channel resellers.