Epson Announces EX5230 Pro High Brightness Projector Available at Retail – Jan 09, 2014– Long Beach, USA (Techreleased) – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the EX5230 Pro – its first EX-Series retail projector with high brightness designed for large meeting rooms with ambient light. The EX5230 Pro ($599*) delivers XGA resolution, 3,500 lumens of color light output and 3,500 lumens of white light output2, and a suite of custom features that enable flexible positioning and easy setup.
“The EX5230 Pro is our highest lumen EX-Series projector to date, designed to project a bright image in a large meeting room or training room with ambient light,” said Brian Savarese, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Delivering an advanced set of features, including HDMI connectivity, optional wireless and Epson’s simple setup suite, the EX5230 ensures engaging presentations with sharp detail.”
The EX5230 Pro delivers high image quality, ease-of-use and a robust feature set for use in large rooms. This new projector is also lightweight and travel friendly for ease-of-use when on the road, and offers Epson’s simple setup suite for flexible positioning and rapid setup, including:
- Image Adjustments: Easy lens zoom and control, automatic vertical keystone correction and a horizontal easy-slide control bar for enhanced image correction, allowing for a rectangular image from almost any angle
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly project video and audio from a Windows® PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection
- HDMI Connectivity: High-quality audio and video content with one cable
- Optional Wireless Connectivity: Connect directly to a computer, smartphone or tablet with an optional wireless LAN module; free Epson iProjection™ app allows users to project wirelessly from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- Quick Control: Direct Power On and Off delivers wall switch power control, Instant Off® quickly powers down the projector with no cool down time, and the A/V Mute Slide pauses the presentation without turning the projector off
All Epson projectors feature the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors3. This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson EX5230 Pro is currently available for through major retailers and direct on Epson.com. The projector comes with a one-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.