Damen Shipyard Delivered First Twin Axe Vessel For Njord Offshore – Mar 18, 2014– Gorinchem, The Netherlands (Techreleased) – Njord Offshore from Essex, UK, have taken delivery of their first 26m Twin Axe built by Damen Shipyards Group. The vessel was ordered early January 2014 and the delivery took place on 27th February. During this 7 week period the vessel was modified from a basic, standard vessel to suit the specific Njord Offshore requirements.
Njord Offshore was established in 2011. The company focuses on the Offshore Wind industry and operates vessels ranging from 21-26m. In 2014, the Njord fleet shows 9 vessels with further fleet expansion in 2015.
The most specific modifications and additions are:
• Different railing lay-out on the fore deck to create a larger loading area.
• Installation of a second generator set.
• Larger windows throughout the seating area to create a more open atmosphere.
• Installation of a fuel transfer system.
• Licensed to carry 12 plus 4 crew.
• CCTV covering all areas.
• 25 t/m knuckle boom crane.
• High pressure washer.
• SeaSight central push fender.
• Bunks for 6 crew.
• 2 galleys and pantries.
• Full Njord colour scheme for hull and superstructure.
• Semi enclosed fore deck grating to minimize spray.
Damen Twin Axe vessels can be delivered from stock as a basic vessel and can be modified to suit particular requirements in a matter of weeks. Both the Twin Axe 2610 and the new, 20m, Twin Axe 2008 are stock vessels. The vessels have been and can be delivered to UK, German, Danish, Swedish or any other flag state requirements.