Oct 02, 2012–Woodcliff Lake,USA (Techreleased) –BMW Motorrad announced pricing for the highly anticipated 2013 HP4 at the Intermot Show in Cologne, Germany today. The new HP4, the lightest 4-cylinder supersports bike in its class, will have a base Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,990. It will be available for purchase through authorized BMW Motorrad dealers by the end of 2012.
The base model comes equipped with:
- DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) semi active suspension (a world first in production motorcycle construction)
- Launch control for optimal acceleration
- Akrapovic full titanium exhaust
- Seven-spoke forged aluminum wheels in gloss black
- Radial Brembo Monobloc brake calipers
- Race ABS with new IDM calibration
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with new 14-step adjustability
- Gear shift assistant
The Standard Package (offered at an MSRP of $20,525) includes base equipment as well as:
- A Pillion Rider Package (priced at $285) featuring a rear seat and rear footrests to accommodate a rear pillion rider
- Heated Grips
The Premium Package (offered at an MSRP of $24,995) includes base equipment as well as:
- A Competition Package (priced at $4,470) featuring
— HP carbon engine spoiler
— HP carbon trim
— HP folding clutch and brake levers
— HP rider footrests – adjustable
— Forged aluminum wheels in Racing Blue Metallic
— Sponsor decal kit (not mounted)
- Pillion Rider Package (described above)
- Heated Grips
Optional extras – priced separately – include heated grips ($250) and an anti-theft alarm ($395).
Making its world press debut today in Cologne, the new HP4 is based on the popular BMW S 1000 RR superbike and combines lightweight, massive power with razor sharp handling. The 2013 HP4 is a continuation of BMW Motorrad’s HP model series founded in 2005. Following the boxer models HP2 Enduro, HP2 Megamoto and HP2 Sport, the BMW HP4 is the first 4-cylinder motorcycle in the HP family and the most advanced production sporting motorcycle ever built. Offered with its own distinctive multi-color paint finish in Racing Blue Metallic / Light White/Sapphire Black Metallic, the HP4 will only be available in limited numbers.
Unified Destination and Handling charges through authorized BMW Motorrad Dealers in the U.S. is an additional $495.