Toshiba Starts Sample Shipments of CMOS Image Sensor – Nov 11, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation today announced that started sample shipments of a VGA, 1/4 inch CMOS image sensor, “TCM5126GBA”, for automotive view cameras.
The “TCM5126GBA” integrates a high dynamic range (HDR) function that reproduces high quality images of objects backlit by the sun and vehicle headlights. The product has a small chip-size package (CSP) combined with through-silicon via (TSV) technology. This reduces the size by 30% against equivalent products and will contribute to the downsizing of view camera systems.
The sensor also incorporates a picture flip function that can flip output images horizontally and vertically, an on-screen display function that outputs preliminary-set parking guidelines together with the image, and a zoom function for use in rear view cameras in parking assist systems. The built-in timer function sustains output of images when the gear stick is shifted from reverse to forward, allowing drivers to see a continuous movie when reversing into a parking space. The stand alone operation support (SAOS) function makes the sensor operate automatically when power is supplied without external microcontrollers, and will contribute to simplification of view camera systems.
- : Through silicon via (TSV) is the technology to form electrical interconnects through a silicon die or wafer.
- : Comparison with “TCM5114PB”.
Automotive camera applications, such as rear view camera for parking assist systems, surround view systems and side view systems.
- High dynamic range (HDR).
- Adoption of small chip-size package (CSP), contributing to system downsizing.
- A variety of integrated functions supporting rear view camera systems: a picture flip function, on-screen display function, zoom function, timer function and SAOS function.
|Optical Format||1/4 inch|
|Pixel Size||5.6 µm|
|Frame Rate (full resolution)||60fps|