Toshiba Launches High Efficiency, Low Noise Multi-Output System Power Supply ICs – Sep 30, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Toshiba Corporation today announced the launch of “TB9043FTG”, a multi-output system power supply IC that incorporates multiple DC-DC converters and series regulators for general automotive applications. Sample shipments start today, with mass production scheduled to start in October 2014.
The growth of highly sophisticated automotive applications requires microcontrollers that operate with low power and high current. This increases the need for power supply IC incorporating DC-DC convertors with the high electrical efficiency required to reduce overall power consumption. The “TB9043FTG” integrates two channels of DC-DC converters and two channels of low noise series regulators, and can drive microcontrollers that require a 1A class large current load.
The IC also integrates a wide variety of monitoring functions and outputs monitoring status, which helps to contribute to improved safety of automotive applications, under “ISO26262”, the increasingly important standard for automotive functional safety.
- Built-in 2 channels of DC-DC converters (1 output)
- One Dc-DC converter generates 6V power supply from a car battery; and the other converter generates 1,2V, 1.5V or 3.3V (selectable) for the microcontroller core from the 6V supply.
- Built-in 2 channels of series regulators (2 outputs)
- The two series regulators independently generates 5V supplies out of 6V supply from DC-DC converter: 400mA current capacity is used for the microcontroller, and 100mA current capacity is used for a sensor or other interface.
- Integrated monitoring functions
- The product incorporates dual circuits for overheating detection and overcurrent limiter to secure continued operation in the even one circuit malfunctions. The IC also integrates output voltage detector, and terminal for monitoring normal frequency.
- Small package
- The product adopts small HQFN52 package.
|Mass Production Volume||3 million pieces per year|
|Channels||Built-in 2-channel DC-DC converters
Built-in 2-channel LDOs
|Stop Mode||0µA (typ) when power supply is cut|
|Operating Voltage Range||+7 to 18V|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 125°C|
|Current Capability||Equipped with multi-output power supply in one IC to realize current capability of 1A class.|
|Safety Functions||A variety of built-in monitoring and detecting functions for safety.|
|Detection Circuits||・Output voltage detector (overvoltage and undervoltage) and diagnostic circuit
・Inrush current limiter, IC thermal shutdown circuit
・Watchdog timer (independent 2 circuits)
|Package||HQFN52 (8mm × 8mm × 0.9mm）|
- : A system or circuit to maintain constant voltage.