Oct 25, 2012– Piscataway, USA (Techreleased) – Today, Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc. unveiled Micon™, the new platform behind its clinically proven BestSound® Technology and a revolution in audiological engineering. The new platform enables listening with ease even in the most challenging situations. This latest technology is available in the new Ace™ and on the popular Pure®, Aquaris® and Siemens Life™ models. The new platform supports the objectives of Agenda 2013, a global initiative to further strengthen the innovative power and competitiveness of the Siemens Healthcare Sector.
The new Micon microprocessor chip is capable of executing 250 million instructions per second and has twice the processing power of Siemens’ previous technology platform, expanding Siemens’ hearing technology to 48 channels and extending the frequency range to 12,000 Hz. The result is exceptional sound clarity and listening comfort.
“The Micon platform represents our commitment to continuous improvements and innovation in hearing aid technology,” said Scott Davis, CEO, Siemens Hearing Instruments, Inc. “This development is the result of years of audiological research and delivers the most comprehensive combination of best-in-class features so wearers will love the natural, clear and comfortable sound right from the start. This may shorten the adoption curve that is often necessary for hearing aid wearers, streamlining the process for hearing care professionals.”
With this foundation, Siemens delivers a comprehensive combination of industry-leading features. These include:
- Optimized directional speech enhancement and noise reduction in 48 channels, for better understanding in challenging environments.
- Expanded amplification to higher frequencies, up to 12 kHz, for natural sound quality and a brilliant listening experience.
- Faster and smarter feedback cancellation.
- Advanced frequency compression capabilities so wearers can hear sounds that were previously outside their range of hearing.
- Continuous “learning” of personal volume preferences with automatic amplification adjustments.
- Automatic recognition of multiple defined hearing situations and instinctively adjusts to wearers’ “learned” settings.
“Our innovative portfolio is designed to meet the growing needs of today’s active and discerning hearing aid wearers,” said Davis. “With easy first-fit, intelligent devices that ‘learn’ and adjust automatically, and dependable moisture-resistant and waterproof instruments, professionals gain efficiencies while driving consumer satisfaction.”
Launched by Siemens Healthcare Sector in November 2011, Agenda 2013 is a two-year global initiative to further strengthen the Healthcare Sector’s innovative power and competitiveness. Specific measures will be implemented in four fields of action: Innovation, Competitiveness, Regional Footprint, and People Development.