NEC Introduces New Generation Of V Series Multimedia Projectors – Sep 19, 2013– Chicago, USA (Techreleased) – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a new generation of V Series multimedia projectors with the 3100-lumen V311X and the 3100-lumen V311W, affordable XGA and WXGA models, respectively, that give users great tools to display presentations in classrooms or small meeting rooms.
The V311X and V311W models are designed to provide higher brightness to accommodate larger screen sizes or higher ambient lighting conditions. At just 5.5-pounds each and with up to 5000 hours of lamp life in ECO Mode™, these new V Series projectors have a low total cost of ownership. Their unique power management capabilities enable the projectors to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs.
The models also offer quick-start (3 seconds), auto power-on via the RGB input connector and direct power-off with no cooling required after shutdown. Additionally, their filter-free designs eliminate the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters.
“The new V Series projectors make a favorable impact, especially for users that require projection on-the-go, with sufficient features to quickly set up, present and swiftly shut down,” said Rich McPherson, Senior Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “These models are packed with powerful technologies that greatly increase functionality. From their Plug and Play setups and BrilliantColor™ technology to built-in Crestron Roomview Connected™ technology, the V311X and V311W are versatile and efficient for both classrooms and meeting rooms.”
The V311X and V311W also include the following features:
- Native resolutions of 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 800, respectively
- 3100 lumens
- 3000:1 contrast ratios with the latest DLP® engines from Texas Instruments®
- Lamp life up to 5000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- 3D capabilities, which increase interactivity and expand applications in educational settings
- BrilliantColor technology for improved color accuracy
- Color-coded and clearly labeled input panels, which include HDMI, dual computer, composite video, S-Video and component video (using optional 15-pin adapter cables)
- Integrated RJ45 for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Variable audio-out to connect the projectors to an external speaker and control the volume with the projectors’ remote controls
- 7-watt speakers
- Built-in wall color correction presets
- PC Control Utility Pro 4
- ECO Mode, which allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the users
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI), which allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Carbon savings meter, which calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The V311X and V311W ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in October 2013 at a minimum advertised price of $629 and $699, respectively. The lamps are covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers can receive an additional year on their warranties. Meanwhile, Star Student customers can receive an additional two years on their warranties with product registration. To qualify, visit www.necstarstudent.com for registration details.