Nov 12, 2012– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced today the launch of its new 8.4-, 10.4- and 12.1-inch TFT-LCD (thin film transistor liquid crystal display) industrial-use modules in both SVGA and XGA color versions. The six models, in addition to featuring high brightness and wide viewing angles, have a LED driver embedded in the circuit board to help reduce the size and cost of final products. Sales will begin successively from December 1 through Mitsubishi Electric global offices.
Circuit board-embedded LED driver for compact product design
- A circuit board-embedded LED driver enables a compact, low-cost design.
- Optimized backlight design enables LEDs with strong structures measuring less than 10mm in thickness.
High brightness, wide viewing angles and broad operating temperature range for diverse applications
- High brightness of 500 to 800 cd ensures clear images even in bright environments.
- Wide viewing angle of 140 to 160 degrees vertically and 160 degrees horizontally ensure excellent visibility, even for off-center installations viewed from the side.
- Wide range of operational temperatures, from -30 to 80 degrees C, to withstand extreme outdoor and indoor environments.
LED backlight with long life of 100,000 hours
- The LED backlight has a typical operating life of 100,000 hours at 25 degree C ambient temperature.
- Mercury-free and fully compliant with Europe’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS).