Mercedes-Benz Announces Pricing on All-New 2014MY S-Class – Sep 09, 2013– Montvale, USA (Techreleased) – The all-new 2014 S-Class has raised the bar yet again within the automotive industry, featuring new levels of craftsmanship, refinement, and overall luxury. With a suite of intelligent safety and overall technologies that customers expect of Mercedes-Benz, its competitive position as an industry leader represents a price/value improvement of 2.8% vs. the outgoing model with an MSRP of $92,900* (the outgoing 2013MY model was priced at $95,000, a $2,100 difference).
The all-new 2014 S-Class appeals to all the senses. With its beautiful interior craftsmanship that features heated armrests and hot stone seating massage, ionized air purification via the AIR BALANCE PACKAGE, First Class rear-seat luxury, and a Burmester sound system, its character and overall presence is unmatched. Its fresh, confident, and sophisticated exterior design goes hand-in-hand with an intelligent suspension system called MAGIC BODY CONTROL, which sees the road ahead and adjusts the suspension accordingly.
“The S-Class is the embodiment of the four words which have served as the inspiration for our company since its inception, “The Best or Nothing.” said Steve Cannon, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA. “Every time we introduce a new generation, we have the opportunity to deliver more power, greater efficiency and unmatched safety, backed with an improved value proposition. Not only is the new S-Class the most intelligent car on the road, it’s also a smart choice.”
Industry-Leading Active and Passive Safety: Intelligent Drive
Mercedes-Benz focuses on real-world safety with the goal of accident-free driving, and the S-Class offers a portfolio of more than 30 standard and optional active and passive safety technologies called Intelligent Drive. For example, the Driver Assistance Package, available for $2800 in the 2014 S-Class and 2014 E-Class sedan, wagon, coupe, and cabriolet, offers the following content:
- DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist: radar-based cruise control system with semi-autonomous steering inputs that can work from 0-124 mph depending on road conditions.
- PRE-SAFE Brake: Autonomously brakes the vehicle up to 31 mph with or without driver input, and can partially mitigate accidents up to 45 mph.
- PRE-SAFE PLUS: rear-facing radar that senses possible rear collisions and prepares the vehicle for a possible secondary incident into an active intersection.
- BAS PLUS with Cross Traffic Assist: reads cross-traffic encounters with stereoscopic cameras and adds appropriate brake assistance to prevent an incident in an active intersection.
- Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection: one-sided braking.
Other Intelligent Drive safety features include Attention Assist and Night View Assist Plus with human and animal detection.
Segment Leadership in Overall Value
The 2014 S-Class base price starts at $92,900,* which represents a 2.8% price/value improvement over the outgoing model year 2013 version. Some of the new standard equipment includes 20 more hp, rear-view camera, Panorama Sunroof, All-LED lighting (entire vehicle, inside/out), Keyless Start, and MAGIC VISION CONTROL. The combination of competitive pricing, luxury, technology, and overall content is compelling.
The high-performance S63 AMG 4MATIC will be priced at $139,500* with a 4.5% price/value improvement over the outgoing 2013 version. Pricing on the new model now includes standard 4MATIC all-wheel drive and 577 hp. The outgoing MY2013 S63 rear-wheel drive model was priced at $140,000 without all-wheel drive and with 536 hp as standard (563 hp with the optional performance package).
In calendar year 2014, more powertrain and body style variants of the S-Class will make their respective debuts at various periods of time.
Fall 2013 S-Class Lineup
- 2014 S550 – $92,900* – October 2013 Launch
- 2014 S550 4MATIC: $95,900* – November 2013 Launch
- 2014 S63 AMG 4MATIC: $139,500* – November 2013 Launch
* excluding MY2014 $925 destination/delivery charge