HP Celebrates Shipment of 200 Millionth HP LaserJet Printer – Nov 12, 2013– Palo Alto, USA (Techreleased) – HP today announced the shipment of its 200 millionth HP LaserJet printer, an unprecedented milestone made possible by nearly 30 years of HP LaserJet innovation.
To celebrate this achievement, the company has created a collection of limited-edition, commemorative HP LaserJet printers that will be on display at HP Customer Experience Centers worldwide—including Barcelona, Spain; Beijing; Mexico City; and Palo Alto, Calif.
HP also is launching the “200 Million and Counting” customer sweepstakes. The sweepstakes invites customers to upload testimonials to www.hp.com/go/celebratelaserjet and share how HP LaserJet quality, innovation and excellence have helped their businesses succeed.
“With the introduction of the first LaserJet in 1984, HP started a printing revolution that fundamentally changed the way that businesses interact with content,” said Pradeep Jotwani, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP. “The shipment of our 200 millionth LaserJet demonstrates how we’ve continued that innovation, and we are far from done. We will continue to help our customers turn challenges into opportunities to change the way that businesses digitize, manage and consume content.”
HP’s rich legacy of business printing innovation includes:
- 1984: HP makes history with the HP LaserJet printer, the world’s first desktop laser printer
- 1991: HP Jetadmin simplifies remote management of printers on a corporate network; HP introduces the HP LaserJet IIISi , the industry’s first network laser printer
- 1994: HP Color LaserJet, the industry’s first color laser printer, brings color to business documents
- 1998: HP LaserJet 3100 becomes the first mass-market laser all-in-one (AiO) device
- 2002: HP Color LaserJet 4600 is the first laser printer to print color documents at the speed of black
- 2004: HP LaserJet M4345 multifunction printer (MFP) raises the bar by bringing print, copy, digital send and advanced paper handling into the office—in one easy-to-use workgroup MFP
- 2008: HP Color LaserJet CP1510 makes high-quality technology affordable for small businesses as HP’s first color laser printer costing less than $300
- 2010: HP LaserJet P1102 is named the most energy-efficient laser printer on the planet by ENERGY STAR; HP introduces industry’s first mobile print solution with HP ePrint
- 2012: HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFPs and HP Flow Content Management (CM) software help businesses integrate paper and digital workflows for increased productivity
- 2013: HP LaserJet Enterprise 800 series and HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory make mobile printing as easy as touching a smartphone or tablet to the printer; including the launch of the new device, HP has introduced more than 15 LaserJet devices in less than two years