Nov 06, 2012– Palo Alto, USA (Techreleased) – HP today announced HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) 11.5 and HP UFT Mobile, next-generation functional and mobile testing software that helps enterprises quickly respond to changing enterprise demands.
Mobile, social and web-based applications allow organizations to expand and innovate. However, these applications are difficult to build while also maintaining the same quality standards associated with traditional enterprise solutions. In addition, application delivery teams are challenged to continuously provide new solutions that drive competitive differentiation.
The enhanced HP Functional Testing software suite helps IT organizations update application development and testing processes to deliver applications, such as mobile and cloud, with high-quality results. The software solutions accelerate the adoption of test automation and continuous integration, and foster collaboration between key stakeholders across the application life cycle. As a result, clients can rapidly deliver new and enhanced applications that drive innovation—without sacrificing quality.
New enhancements to the HP Functional Testing software suite enable clients to:
- Quickly respond to changing business needs by automating functional testing earlier in the life cycle and simplifying testing with an enhanced user experience with HP UFT 11.5;
- Accelerate time-to-market for mobile applications with HP UFT Mobile, which automates application functional testing on mobile devices via public and private cloud testing environments; and
- Increase employee productivity with HP Sprinter 11.5, which provides automation of laborious testing tasks with one-click conversions.
“Organizations cannot sacrifice application quality for speed,” said Subbu Iyer, vice president, Applications Automation Management, Software, HP. “The new HP Functional Testing software suite provides clients with test automation tools that accelerate the continuous delivery of modern and innovative applications, while maintaining the highest quality available today.”
Test more, test faster, test continuously
To support innovative, new development technologies and evolving business needs, HP UFT 11.5 offers an enhanced platform for creating end-to-end automated functional tests. Supported by a simplified and modern user experience, it:
- Spurs business growth by delivering higher-quality composite applications through test automation support for both graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and application programming interfaces (APIs) in one updated visual user experience;
- Reduces complexity and labor costs with automated testing integration—including HP Sprinter manual test creation—and push-button manual-to-automated script conversion; and
- Speeds the pace of innovation with cutting-edge development technologies and tools, through the patented HP UFT Insight object recognition feature that automatically recognizes applications, irrespective of implementation technology.
“Providing doctors and patients access to critical and accurate healthcare information is essential to delivering quality patient care,” said Chris Trimper, lead automation analyst, Enterprise QA, Independent Health. “HP UFT 11.5 will enable us to rapidly test and deliver quality business applications that provide our members access to the right information whenever they need it, whether for a medical claim or to find a doctor.”
Manage quality throughout the mobile application lifecycle
HP UFT Mobile extends the functional testing capabilities of HP UFT to mobile devices. Clients can rapidly test mobile applications in new public and private cloud testing environments, on a wide array of mobile operating systems including Google’s AndroidTM and Apple’s iOS without the expense of setting up a mobile device lab. This simplifies testing in the mobile application life cycle to meet the demands of an anytime, anywhere mobile world.
Empower the tester to innovate
Designed to drive optimal efficiency in manual testing, HP Sprinter 11.5 software frees application test teams from repetitive tasks and advances exploratory testing. Client benefits include:
- Increased employee productivity with the new integrated test-authoring feature and scanners that capture spelling errors along with localization and compliance issues;
- Improved time savings by reusing manual testing efforts through integrations with HP BPT that accelerate framework adoption; and
- Reduced costs by protecting existing test investments with one-click manual to automated test conversions.
Additional information will be provided at HP’s “What’s new in the HP Functional Testing 11.5 suite: Advance modern application testing” webcast on Nov. 28 at 7 a.m. ET.
Enhance collaboration with integration into the application life cycle
The new HP enhanced functional testing suite fully integrates with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), the company’s leading application life cycle management platform. As a result, clients have a single software platform to collaborate, manage and rapidly deliver applications with measurable business results.
The HP Functional Testing Suite is a key component of the HP IT Performance Suite, the next-generation enterprise performance software platform that enables IT management to improve performance with operational intelligence.