GE Introduces DC/DC Converters – Oct 25, 2013– Dallas, USA (Techreleased) – GE’s Critical Power business today introduced its latest isolated DC/DC power module, offering 544 watts (W) with 95 percent efficiency. A new addition to GE’s ORCA(TM) series of DC/DC converters, the JRCK017A0S32R0 provides up to 17 amps of DC output current at a nominal output voltage of 32 volts DC. The Distributed-power Open Standards Alliance (DOSA)-compliant, half-brick form factor is optimized for high-voltage, high-power applications such as wireless and switch networks.
The new module also offers Tunable Loop(TM), an optional feature that enables a user to optimize the dynamic response of the converter to match the load with reduced output capacitance. This feature enables original equipment manufacturers to reduce board space and overall product cost.
Key features and benefits of the JRCK017A0S32R0 DC/DC converters
- Best-in-class efficiency and density, delivering 544 W in a half-brick footprint.
- Industry-standard DOSA-compliant, half-brick footprint.
- Available in threaded or non-threaded insert standoff versions enabling easy mounting and the addition of a heat sink for high-temperature applications.
- DC/DC module can be used to power radio frequency power amplifiers or other applications requiring 32 volts.
- Compliant to the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive and European Union Directive 2011/65/EC.
- Supports repetitive loads (AC+DC) up to 2 kilohertz and has an output voltage adjustment trim of 16 volts to 35.2 volts.
- Constant switching frequency and positive or negative logic ON/OFF options.
Availability and pricing
Pricing for the JRCK017A0S32R0 DC/DC power module begins at $54 per module at 1,000 annual volumes.