Feb 25, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) –Fujitsu today announced the immediate release in Japan of its new ARROWS Tab Q582/F water-resistant tablet for enterprise customers. The new model is equipped with a wireless WAN that runs on the ultra-high-speed Xi (read “crossy”) communications network.
The ARROWS Tab Q582/F, which comes equipped with Intel’s latest Intel® Atom™ Processor and the Windows 8 Pro (32-bit) operating system, is the world’s slimmest water- and dust-resistant(1)tablet running Windows 8(2), making it ideal for use on the go. In addition, it runs on the ultra-high-speed Xi communications network to meets user needs in a variety of different types of work, such as mobile applications for workers outside of the office as well as use in demanding field conditions.
The new model will be exhibited at Fujitsu’s booth at Mobile World Congress 2013, to be held from February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
ARROWS Tab Q582/F Features
1. World’s slimmest water- and dust resistant Windows 8 tablet
While equipped with Intel’s Intel® Atom™ Processor, the ARROWS Tab Q582/F has a thickness of just 9.9mm and weighs approximately 584g, making it the world’s slimmest water-resistant tablet running Windows 8. Moreover, because it is water- and dust-resistant, features an extended battery life of up to approximately 10.3 hours(3), and employs an IPS LCD display that enables a clear, crisp picture with a wide viewing angle even when the device is tilted, the Q582/F is ideal for use on the go and also for use outdoors.
2. Runs on ultra-high-speed Xi communications network
Running on the Xi communications network, the new model is capable of ultra-high-speed communications(4). Receiving speeds of up to 75Mbps and transmitting speeds of up to 25Mbps are possible simply by inserting a docomo User Identity Module (UIM) card that is contracted for the Xi service into the UIM card slot. In addition, if users are outside the Xi service area but within the FOMA service area, they can still enjoy communications at receiving speeds of up to 14Mbps and transmitting speeds of up to 5.7Mbps.
3. Ideal for workers on the go and in demanding field conditions
Running on the Xi service, users can enjoy high-speed communications while out of the office without having to carry another communications device. In particular, it supports ultra-high-speed communications at receiving speeds of up to 75Mbps. This means that salespeople can download large files, such as digital catalogs, when visiting customers to give presentations. The ability to download materials at such high speeds makes this tablet ideal for use by workers outside the office.
Featuring a battery life of over 10 hours, workers spending extended periods of time in the field, doing tasks such as inspections of outdoor equipment, need not worry about their batteries running out.
Being water- and dust-resistant, workers can perform such tasks as reference blueprints or take site photographs using the built-in web camera even under demanding field conditions, such as outdoor work on rainy days or the dusty conditions of construction sites.
ARROWS Tab Q582/F Pricing and Availability
|Model Name||Suggested Retail Price (excluding tax)||Shipment Date|
|ARROWS Tab Q582/F
(With wireless WAN running on Xi service)
|From 125,800 yen||Mid-March|
Glossary and Notes
- 1 Water- and dust-resistance:
- With the terminal cap and slot cap tightly closed, IPX5 and IPX8 water resistance features protect the tablet from water damage. IPX5 designation indicates that the tablet can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of approximately 3 meters for a period of at least 3 minutes. The IPX8 designation indicates that the tablet will function normally after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. When the terminal cap and slot caps are tightly closed IP5X dust resistance features protect the tablet from dust damage. IP5X indicates that the tablet can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 µm or less for 8 hours and still function and remain safe to use.
- 2 World’s slimmest water- and dust-resistant tablet running Windows 8:
- As of February 25, 2013, according to Fujitsu’s own research.
- 3 Extended battery life of up to approximately 10.3 hours:
- During video playback
- 4 Ultra-high-speed communications:
- Please refer to NTT DOCOMO’s homepage for a list of compatible service areas (Japanese language only). Communication speeds refer to the maximum speeds for sending or receiving data based on technical specifications rather than actual speeds. As the service employs the best-effort delivery method, speeds may decrease depending on the communications environment and network traffic.
Use of the wireless WAN requires a contract for FENICS II Universal Connect, Fujitsu’s network service for enterprise customers, a line contract with NTT DOCOMO, or a contract with a Xi service provider.