Elgato Chooses Plextor SSD For Its New Thunderbolt Drive+ – Nov 21, 2013– Eindhoven, USA (Techreleased) – Plextor, a leading brand of high-performance Solid State Drives, is proud to announce the partnership with Elgato, on its brand new ultra-portable storage solution for ThunderboltTM and USB 3.0 solution: Thunderbolt Drive+.
Lightning-fast, No-compromise Storage
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ utilizes a Plextor Solid State Drive (SSD) to store data at transfer speeds up to 420 MB/s. It relies on Plextor True Speed technology and its server-grade high quality components to guarantee sustained high performance and extreme reliability. By combining server-grade Plextor SSD technology, bus-powered operation, and a rock-solid metal enclosure, Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ outperforms other external drives without compromising on mobility.
Thunderbolt Drive+ at a glance
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ unites the most advanced storage technology in a revolutionary high-speed solution. With a server-grade Plextor Solid State Drive, a dust and water protected metal enclosure and Thunderbolt and USB connectivity, it’s the perfect storage solution when you’re on the go. The backward compatible USB 3.0 port ensures that Thunderbolt Drive+ works with virtually any Mac or PC.
- Interfaces: Thunderbolt™, USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible). Does not require a separate power supply.
- Capacities: 256 GB / 512 GB
- Performance: Transfer speeds up to 420 MB/s
- Dust and water protection: IP64 certified
- What’s included: Elgato Thunderbolt™ Drive+, Elgato Thunderbolt Cable, USB 3.0 Cable, Protective Port Cover, User Guide
- System Requirements Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- System Requirements PC: Windows 7 or later, ThunderboltI, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Dimensions & Weight: 83 x 21 x 131 mm (3.3 x 0.8 x 5.2 in) / 270 g (9.5 oz)
Pricing & Availability
Thunderbolt Drive+ is available from the Elgato Online store, Amazon and selected resellers for 499,95 EUR (256 GB) and EUR 899,95 (512 GB).