Mar 06, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the S3500, a new COOLPIX S-series model that incorporates advanced functions in a stylish design.
The S3500 is the successor to the COOLPIX S3300, a model popular for its slim, stylish form. It offers a higher zoom ratio and pixel count than its predecessor, all in the same compact body. In addition to an effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels, a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, and a 7x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, the S3500 offers a number of new image editing functions that can be easily applied after shooting, including Glamour Retouch and Quick Effects. The S3500 is available in a rich lineup of colors, including pink or blue patterns on the camera’s front cover, ensuring a color to suit every lifestyle or preference.
The S3500 is compact enough to easily take anywhere, yet supports the simple capture of beautiful, blur-free images of a wide variety of scenes. It is the perfect camera for those searching for a fashionable camera.
COOLPIX S3500 Primary Features
- A slim and stylish design with even greater performanceThe S3500 is the successor to the COOLPIX S3300, popular for its slim, stylish design that made it so incredibly portable. Specifications have been increased for a higher lens zoom ratio and pixel count, all in the same compact body measuring just 96.8 mm wide, 57.8 mm high, and 20.5 mm deep as its predecessor. It has been designed with a rounded form that emphasizes the smoothness and slimness of the camera, as well as details such as a lens ring with a metal feel that give it a very refined appearance.
- A 7x optical zoom NIKKOR lens equipped with the lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function that exhibits superior compensation for camera shakeThe camera is equipped with a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces blur, even with shooting indoors or in dark places where camera shake often results in blurred photos, for clear, sharp photos. In addition, the 7x optical zoom NIKKOR lens supports capture of a wide variety of scenes, from wide-angle to telephoto, by covering the wide-angle 26 mm to 182 mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths.
- An effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels for beautiful renderingThe S3500 offers an effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels, a significant increase over the 16.0-million available with the COOLPIX S3300. A high level of basic performance and the high pixel count ensure precise rendering of details and textures with all types of subjects, whether portraits, landscapes, or night landscapes. Users will enjoy the ease of capturing extremely sharp images of a wide variety of everyday scenes.
- A variety of image editing functions such as Glamour Retouch, including five new effects, and Quick Effects, which enables application of one or more of 30 effects in 3 simple stepsIn addition to the original three Glamour Retouch effects (Skin Softening, Small Face, Big Eyes), the following five effects are now also available. Brighten Faces, Hide Eye Bags, Whiten Eyes, Whiten Teeth, and Redden Cheeks. These eight editing options allow users to retouch images to create memorable portraits that bring out a person’s image and expression.
Quick Effects enables editing of images in just three simple steps: shoot, select, and save. Effects can be selected after previewing expected results in the camera monitor, making a wide variety of forms of expression enjoyable.
- A wide range of color options and a unique designThe S3500 is available in eight color options. In addition to six solid colors—black, red, purple, orange, silver, and pink—there are also two options with a pink or blue pattern on the front cover. This gives users the freedom to choose the color option best suited to their individual preference.