Mar 06, 2013– Tokyo, Japan (Techreleased) – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the P330 multi-functional, high-performance compact digital camera offering superior image quality and full-scale shooting capabilities.
The P330 is the successor to the COOLPIX P310 compact wide-angle zoom camera. The P330 is equipped with a fast NIKKOR lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.8 and a 1/1.7-in. backside illumination CMOS sensor for superior image quality. In addition to support for four exposure modes and capture of RAW (NRW) images, the P330 is equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) function offering Active mode. It is also capable of full-scale photography, as well as a new GPS function that enables recording of location information with images.
What’s more, the P330 is compatible with the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a* (available separately) for collaboration with smart devices that enables remote camera operation and transfer of images. This compatibility allows users to easily maximize the possibilities for staying connected with others proposed by Nikon through collaboration with smart devices that makes the uploading of images to blogs and social networking sites (SNS) via a smart device simple.
COOLPIX P330 Primary Features
- Nikon optical technologies for stunning landscapes and night landscapes
NIKKOR lens with fast maximum aperture of f/1.8A number of Nikon’s optical technologies have been concentrated in the f/1.8 NIKKOR lens built into the P330.
Wide-angle 24 mm to 120 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) 5x optical zoom
A 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths from the wide-angle 24 mm to 120 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) supports macro photography with shooting as close as approximately 3 cm to the lens.
Compact body with adoption of high refractive index lens and aspherical lens elements
Adoption of high refractive index lens and aspherical lens elements enables a slimmer lens barrel for a more compact camera body.
- High sensitivities and less noise enabled with an effective pixel count of 12.2 million pixels and a large 1/1.7-in. backside illumination CMOS sensorThe P330 is equipped with a very fast backside illumination CMOS sensor that acquires light more effectively. Combined with the fast lens, this enables capture of beautiful images exhibiting superior image quality and pleasing blur characteristics, even with shooting in dark surroundings.
- Advanced compensation for camera shake with the addition of Active mode to the vibration reduction (VR) functionThe P330 is equipped with a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces the effects of camera shake. What’s more, Active mode effectively reduces the effects of camera shake and makes framing images easier for sharp, clear still images and movies, whether capturing landscapes from a moving vehicle with hand-held shooting or recording movies while walking.
- Advanced shooting functions that support greater photographic expressionThe camera is equipped with a number of shooting and in-camera image editing functions that allow users greater freedom of expression with manual operations. The P330 is equipped with four exposure modes—[P], [S], [A], [M]—as well as COOLPIX Picture Control, which supports more advanced imaging with adjustment of elements such as hue, vividness, and sharpening prior to shooting.
- Function for recording 1080/60i movies1080/60i movies with stereo sound superior picture quality can be recorded by simply pressing the camera’s movie-record button. Movies recorded using the HS Movie function play back in slow motion at 1/4 or 1/2 the normal playback speed, or in fast motion at twice the normal playback speed, allowing users to express their own intent with movie recording. In addition, the P330 offers other movie recording and editing functions for achieving the desired results, such as the movie pause function, with which recording of a single movie file can be paused and then restarted (within 5 min.) to preserve only desired scenes. There is also a function for preserving only the desired portion of a movie file.
- A GPS (A-GPS compatible) function that records shooting location information with still images and moviesPosition information for the shooting location is acquired via GPS and then recorded with still images and movies. The name of the place is recorded, and displayed POIs* can be specified. What’s more, when ViewNX 2 (supplied) or Nikon’s image sharing and storage service, “NIKON IMAGE SPACE” is used, a map showing shooting locations can be displayed on the computer monitor. The P330 also offers a log function that records movement over a specified interval as log data even when the camera is not in use or is turned off, allowing users to preserve a record of their movement on vacation, for example, as a file that can be viewed later.
- *Point of interest (POI) information current as of April 2012.
- Support for the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a (available separately) for collaboration with smart devicesBy simply connecting the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a, photos and movies recorded with the P330 can be easily transferred to a smart device over a wireless connection. Photos can be shared with family and friends, or uploaded to blogs or social networking sites (SNS). The display on a smartphone, tablet, or other smart device can also be used to frame images and control shooting remotely.
- Improved metal feel for an attractive and elegant design
- A command dial that can quickly be operated with just one hand
- A function button to which frequently used functions can be assigned
- 9 Special Effects
- Bright and clear 3-inch, approximately 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle
- Target Finding AF, with which the user needs simply to point the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically focuses on the optimal subject
- A 7-blade iris diaphragm for beautiful blur characteristics