April 2,2012 – Brunei, Brunei Darussalam (Techreleased) -Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that BlackBerry App World™, the official app store for BlackBerry® smartphones, is now available for customers in Brunei.
With today’s announcement, customers in Brunei can now easily discover, download, manage, and enjoy a wide range of mobile applications available for their BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry smartphone users around the world download more than 6 million apps per day from BlackBerry App World and there are over 70,000 apps in the catalog today.
RIM actively supports developers in order to provide apps that leverage the many advantages of the BlackBerry platform and deliver best-in-class mobile experiences.
“BlackBerry App World offers a rich catalog of applications that enhance the user experience. There is high demand for BlackBerry apps and we are excited that customers in Brunei will now be able to enjoy this service,” said Nicholas Horton, Managing Director, Indochina, RIM.
BlackBerry App World is available for all BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry® OS 4.5 or higher. Customers can download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com . BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks and automatically presents users with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
Some Key Features of BlackBerry App World:
Easy Application Discovery:
- Featured Items Carousel: BlackBerry App World showcases a changing selection of featured apps on its front page for easy discovery.
- Top 25 Lists: A variety of top 25 lists are easily found for the top themes, newest apps, updated apps and more.
- Categories: BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories, including entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- QR Barcode Scanning: Users can scan a QR code associated with an app. BlackBerry App World can then quickly find the related app and automatically open the app’s details and download screen.
- Reviews: Apps can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each app before they download it.
- Share and Recommend: BlackBerry App World users can recommend apps to other people through email, PIN, SMS, BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) and select social networks.
Simple Application Management:
- BlackBerry ID: BlackBerry ID facilitates payment options, including credit card and PayPal, and allows customers to conveniently transfer their personal library of apps when they switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone.
- Application Storage: BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of apps that the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to manage activities like uninstalling and re-installing apps.
- Update Notifications: Users can be notified of updates that are available for apps they’ve downloaded from BlackBerry App World.
BlackBerry App World Desktop Storefront: Users can also browse, purchase, download and manage apps from their desktop computer.