Feb 25, 2013– Taipei, Taiwan (Techreleased) – BenQ’s GW2760HS, first flicker-free monitor launches next month. BenQ will shortly launch their first flicker-free monitor with the release of the GW2760HS VA display next month. Featuring a sophisticated slim design, innovative flicker-free technology, powerful energy-saving solutions, Reading Mode, 3000:1 native contrast and a true 8-bit panel, the GW2760HS is 27 inches of premium visual enjoyment for the office or home environment.
Nice and compact with a high-gloss frame and base stand, curvaceous neck and carbon fibre-patterned exterior rear, the monitor features a slim 11.5mm bezel and chassis design. Looks aside, it’s what’s inside that counts most. The GW2760HS’s distinguishing virtue is the inclusion of flicker-free technology which essentially makes it a better choice for comfortable usage.
Eye fatigue is caused by flickering backlight and can result in headaches, eye strain and blurred vision with prolonged computer use. By replacing the conventional Pulse Width Modulation LED backlight, BenQ effectively eliminate flickering at all brightness levels, making the GW2760HS easier on the eyes when a computer is used for extended periods.
“It’s well documented that flicker-free technology reduces eye fatigue,” said Adrian Chang, President of BenQ Asia Pacific “and this emerging technology is certain to provide a health benefit to all people who spend a large percentage of their day using conventional LED monitors.”
Continued Chang, “Of course, it’s not just computer screens which will benefit, but smartphones, PDAs, televisions and all digital panels are set to adopt flicker free technology – and the good news is that even though the technology is very new, it’s not adding great expense to the overall purchase price of the screen. So upgrading your computer monitor for the sake of your health doesn’t come at a great cost,” he said.
A poll conducted in America in 2011 estimated that around 60% of American adults spent between 1-6 hours a day viewing content on electronic devices – while approx. 22% spent 7-9 hours and a significant 12% spent more than 10 hours a day staring at a screen. (Poll Position – US research – November 2011)
It’s not unreasonable to suggest that a study conducted in Asia Pacific would yield similar results with so many Asians relying on computers, smartphones and digital panels to complete work projects, not to mention that these same devices are readily and frequently utilised for social and pleasurable pursuits like communicating, viewing entertainment programs or shopping online.
‘Computer Vision Syndrome’ or ‘CVS’ is now a very real and commonly diagnosed ailment which is described by Wikipedia as a “.. temporary condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer display for protracted uninterrupted periods of time. Symptoms include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, redness in the eyes, fatigue, eye strain and dry eyes.”
“BenQ is proud to put it’s R&D muscle into producing digital lifestyle solutions that promote better heath and bring better visual enjoyment to all,” continued Chang.
GW2760HS at a glance:
- 3000:1 high native contrast ratio (this is three times that of a general panel, adding astonishing colour depth and definition to darkened complex images with the greatest subtlety and clarity.
- A modern glossy chassis design, featuring a slim 11.5mm bezel with easy access bottom mounted controls and carbon-fibre patterned rear detailing.
- A true 8-bit panel that renders a total of 16.7 million colour shades compared to a 6-bit panel which is only able to achieve merely 2% of a similar range of colours, delivering smoother and more stable transition from one colour to the next.
- Senseye® Reading Mode that recreates the comfortable experience of reading actual books by adjusting the monitor’s colour temperature and brightness levels, as well as balancing its contrast ratio and sharpness to simulate the look of paperback paper.
- True Blacks and Minimised Light Leakage that bring out flawlessly layered and precisely contrasted details in even the darkest images.
- Colour Shift-free Technology that perfects skin tone and image colour presentation from a wide-viewing angle of 178˚/178˚ from left, right above and below by reducing the visibility of colour washout, or colour shift between normal and oblique viewing angles.
GW2760HS will be available in Asia Pacific market from March at MSRP $359. For more information please visit ap.BenQ.com.