June 04, 2012 – Taipei , Taiwan (Techreleased) – AMD will welcome attendees, customers and partners to COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2012 with system demonstrations of the second generation AMD A-Series Accelerated Processor Unit (APU) and the newest AMD E-Series APUs, both designed for best-in-class PC entertainment, gaming, and battery life. A debut event the morning of June 6 in Taipei will underscore the diverse range of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) supporting AMD’s 2012 product offerings, provide updates on new products, and demonstrate the powerful applications leveraging the unique processing power of the APU. Alive webcast of the “Life More Brilliant” event will be available.
“There could not be a better location than COMPUTEX in Taiwan to recognize our customers and technology partners, and celebrate their contributions to the rapidly growing APU ecosystem,” said Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Global Business Units and host of the upcoming event. “AMD saw consumers wanting a more visually-demanding, entertainment-focused PC experience long ago and created a product strategy to enhance those experiences. This week we will proudly share with the rest of the world the latest advances and accomplishments we have made with our customers.”
Systems featuring the latest AMD A-Series APUs from global computer manufacturers will be on display in Booth L0607 in the TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall, where AMD is being recognized as a winner of the 2012 Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI award for the second consecutive year.
New Systems from Ultrathin Notebooks to Performance Desktops All Benefit
Introduced in mid-May for notebooks and coming to store shelves in desktop systems starting this week, the second generation AMD A-Series APU enables a best-in-class PC entertainment and gaming experience, and introduces new features including:
- The AMD HD Media Accelerator, with a unique set of technologies designed to optimize video quality available with premium and Internet video content, and accelerate video file conversion;
- An increase in CPU performance of up to 29 percent1 with higher processor speeds thanks to the company’s latest multi-core x86 architecture, with third generation AMD Turbo Core technology where power is dynamically shifted between the CPU and GPU depending on application needs;
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics for an increase of graphics performance up to 56 percent over the previous generation2. Combined, the CPU and GPU cores deliver more than 700 gigaflops of computing performance3 – several times more than the fastest x86 CPUs – to boost performance of hundreds of applications;
- Support for AMD Eyefinity Technology for up to four monitors of immersive, multi-monitor gaming and productivity4;
- AMD Radeon™ dual graphics support that delivers a performance boost of up to 75 percent when adding a discrete graphics card to the APU5.
Desktop systems are available today from Acer, Asus, HP and Lenovo, including unique All-in-One (AIO) PCs.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers.