Aug 24, 2012–Sunnyvale,USA (Techreleased) –AMD (NYSE: AMD) and the San Francisco Giants invite baseball and technology fans alike to experience the AMD Fast Pitch PC Zone on Sunday, September 9th at AT&T Park. Fans attending this special event will receive a free AMD A-Series accelerated processing unit (APU) and promotional offers from computer and electronics e-retailer Newegg.com. Several PC and gaming experts will be on hand to help train interested participants on how to build a cost-effective home PC or home theater PC. Fans attending the special event will also witness what is very likely to be a pivotal divisional contest between the hometown Giants and arch-rival Los Angeles Dodgers.
“The Giants have always been a leader when it comes to leveraging the latest technology for fans at AT&T Park,” said Colette LaForce, chief marketing officer at AMD. “Now the Giants and AMD want to give fans an opportunity to put leading-edge technology right in their hands, show them how easy it can be to build their own PC and then watch the Giants take on rival Los Angeles Dodgers in this exciting division match-up.”
“The Giants are committed to innovation across many aspects of our business, from technology to promotions,” said Bill Schlough, senior vice president and CIO of the San Francisco Giants. “AMD’s Fast Pitch PC Zone at AT&T Park is a great example of this type of innovative thinking, and I wouldn’t be surprised if demand among our more technically inclined fans for this one-of-a-kind promotional item rivals that for the Brian Wilson gnome.”
AMD is a technology partner of the San Francisco Giants. The team recently installed 66 AMD APU-powered all-in-one touchscreen systems from HP throughout AT&T Park’s luxury suites, used exclusively by fans for staying up to date on the latest in baseball’s pennant races. The Giants are also expected to install additional AMD-powered technology throughout the organization.
WHAT: AMD Fast Pitch PC Zone, presented by AMD and the San Francisco Giants. This special event package includes:
- Reserved seating in the “AMD Fast Pitch” section;
- A free AMD A8-3870K Accelerated Processing Unit along with promotional offers provided by Newegg.com;
- Live and interactive overviews led by industry experts on how to build your own PC for home theater, high end gaming, mainstream and other uses;
- Access to the “AMD APU Experience Zone” showcasing the latest applications that take advantage of the APU’s high-end compute and graphics capabilities;
- A chance to meet Industry experts, including Anand Lal Shimpi founder of AnandTech.comand Patrick Moorhead, president of Moor Insights & Strategy.
WHEN: Sunday, September 9th, 2012 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm local time, prior to Dodgers vs. Giants game scheduled to begin at 5:05 pm local time
WHERE: Seals Plaza at AT&T Park, 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94107
WHO: The first 600 fans who purchase special event tickets to the game.