Sept 11, 2012–Tokyo,Japan (Techreleased) –Adapter Q for K-mount lenses.PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses – a lens mount adapter that makes it possible to use PENTAX K-mount lenses on the PENTAX Q series.
- Extra-powerful super-telephoto shooting
By using this new mount adapter to attach a K-mount lens onto the PENTAX Q series, the focal length of the lens is extended by approximately 5.5 times in the 35mm format. This means, for instance, that the smc PENTAX-DA* 300mm F4 ED[IF] SDM telephoto lens can be used as a 1650mm super-telephoto lens (in the 35mm format) for effortless photography of celestial bodies and distant scenery using a very compact, light digital imaging system.
- A full range of K-mount lenses to open up whole new photographic possibilities
Thanks to this mount adapter, a total of 215 lenses* can be used on the PENTAX Q series,** ranging from fish-eye lenses and uni-focal wide-angle lenses to telephoto zoom lenses. So the photographer can take advantage of a wide variety of perspectives and visual effects with quick, effortless lens changes. It is even possible to capture a microscopic world otherwise difficult to observe closely with the naked eye.* As of August 31, 2012
** Only manual focusing is available with K-mount lenses.
- Built-in mechanical shutter
A mechanical shutter has been incorporated in this adapter to prevent “rolling shutter distortion” — a problem that results in distorted images of the subject, due to the camera shake caused by photographing fast-moving subjects and/or by using a super-telephoto lens.
- Other features
- Manual aperture control possible
- Tripod bracket (optional) available to stabilize the camera system
- Camera shake is automatically compensated for any lens, simply by inputting the focal length of the mounted lens to the PENTAX Q series.
Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses Specifications
|Included Shutter speed||1/1000～30sec|
|Shutter||5 leaves shutter|
* The camera’s firmware must be updated to the latest version in order to properly use this product in case PENTAX Q.
* Design and Specifications is subject to change without notice.